Jeffsp

Jun 2, 2015
Matawan NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello, been a member here for a little bit but don’t usually post much. Had my inground pool installed 3 years ago. So far so good, except the other night, found one of my Hayward jetair returns not making bubbles. Went to remove it, and the 4 tabs broke off, so for now, it’s stuck in there with no way to remove it, and will need to be removed when I go to winterize in September/October. I will admit I made a homemade tool for removal using pipe. The lock ring is inset so there’s no real way to reach in there with your fingers to loosen it. It appears there are holes in it 180 degrees apart, so I’m considering sticking a set of long needle nose in there and trying to spin it, but before I wreck the thing more I wanted to see if anyone has had experience with this problem On these particularly returns. I don’t know how common these returns are so I included a photo of what type of return it is and the lock ring it uses.
also I apologize if this has been asked before. I tried googling it, but I will admit I didn’t explicitly search the forums for it.
Thanks all for any advice and help

Attachments

• 6230EC1D-051B-4582-B38F-57C577BFF07E.png
    6230EC1D-051B-4582-B38F-57C577BFF07E.png
    138.3 KB · Views: 13
Hello, been a member here for a little bit but don’t usually post much. Had my inground pool installed 3 years ago. So far so good, except the other night, found one of my Hayward jetair returns not making bubbles. Went to remove it, and the 4 tabs broke off, so for now, it’s stuck in there with no way to remove it, and will need to be removed when I go to winterize in September/October. I will admit I made a homemade tool for removal using pipe. The lock ring is inset so there’s no real way to reach in there with your fingers to loosen it. It appears there are holes in it 180 degrees apart, so I’m considering sticking a set of long needle nose in there and trying to spin it, but before I wreck the thing more I wanted to see if anyone has had experience with this problem On these particularly returns. I don’t know how common these returns are so I included a photo of what type of return it is and the lock ring it uses.
also I apologize if this has been asked before. I tried googling it, but I will admit I didn’t explicitly search the forums for it.
Hello.
I have the same problem. Any update or advice on how to unscrew it.
Thank you

Hello,
I've been searching the internet to find a solution for this problem as well.
Needlenose pliers didn't work, coat hangers bent, they don't sell a tool that has pins to fit in the holes and slots for the tabs( if any are still attached)
I must have tried them all.
I ended up making a tool to solve this frustrating issue.... works like a charm.
IMG_0060.jpg

Reactions: WilliamLarsen
Hello,
I've been searching the internet to find a solution for this problem as well.
Needlenose pliers didn't work, coat hangers bent, they don't sell a tool that has pins to fit in the holes and slots for the tabs( if any are still attached)
I must have tried them all.
I ended up making a tool to solve this frustrating issue.... works like a charm.
View attachment 342691
Awesome! I need to make something similar. Do you know what part was used to make this?

Hey did you ever find a solution to this problem. I have the same issue. :/

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.