Jcgaz pool, won't hold chlorine

Don't give up! Your FC will start to hold better soon, the more you can test and add the faster this will go. With the rate you are dropping FC add 50% more than what pool math says for your last add of the night, then pick it up in the am. If you need to go to work or leave the pool you should try to have someone keep the FC up during the day.

You have to KILL the algae, don't dance with it.

Dom

Thanks. Will add more this last time. I do have to work tomorrow, and I'm not sure my husband can do the testing...and now it is pouring down rain. I will try to give him a brief tutorial and hope for the best. But, the pool is looking clearer and the water has a sparkle to it. More numbers tomorrow...thanks everybody for your help.

Thanks. Will add more this last time. I do have to work tomorrow, and I'm not sure my husband can do the testing...and now it is pouring down rain. I will try to give him a brief tutorial and hope for the best. But, the pool is looking clearer and the water has a sparkle to it. More numbers tomorrow...thanks everybody for your help.
If you can't get him to test, at least get him to add some chlorine in the middle of the day. You should get a feeling for how much you are going to drop during the day, have him add chlorine to cover it. If you don't trust his measuring leave a pre-measured amount in a used bleach bottle for him to dump in mid day.

You do have your filter running 24/7 during the SLAM right? Also, make sure the pool gets brushed at least once a day through the SLAM.

Dom

Yes, I have brushed well. No algae in site. Also, I taught my son to test, and he went and got 10 more gallons of bleach. We just went outside to do one last measurement, and FC was 2! CC was 1.
We added 6 gallons (called for 4) since you said to increase it by 50% before I stopped for the night.
I did leave him the test kit, bleach, and he knows how to use the pool math calculator.
We are using 8% bleach right now...over 30 gallons so far.
I will test one time in the morning before I leave for work, and will have him take care of it the rest of the day. I told him to test every 1 to 1.5 hours.
I also finished adding the salt, 3 bags, and will test that in the morning too.
SWG is off, but I want it to be ready for when I can turn it on to maintain.
The water is maybe a little cloudy. Can't see deep end well, but shallow end looks beautiful.
I am hoping to get this kicked soon! I never did have much algae, until yesterday when a thin coat of yellow-green was in the deep end along the seams of the side of the pool, and it is just not ever holding chlorine.
I also have a new cell for the SWG.
Thanks again for all your help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.