JBL EON612 Deck Speakers

Ok so I'm not understanding why i need to add the dsp. This works fantastic as is I can't imagine what the dsp would do that i don't already have with my phone and the bt receiver. I did find the below is that what you are suggesting?

Nobsound Mini Fully-Balanced/Single-Ended Passive Preamp; Hi-Fi Pre-Amplifier; XLR/RCA Volume Controller for Active Monitor Speakers (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MXC9HHW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_JPNwEbJN3XEJP

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I got the below in today and tried it out from my phone jack to channel 1 and channel 2. It works fantastic and sounds great! Fading the balance left to right also decreases the sound volume accordingly so it is working as it is supposed to.

I think that TRS input is not capable of taking a stereo signal.

Oh I checked out that video and I am still not seeing any reason to add another DSP component to the system. It sounds great if I plug directly to my phone or using the BT receiver. And the parametric equalizer in the app gives just about any adjustment that is needed.

I'll need to get another set of cables since the 2 ends of this cable are too close together to use on 2 speakers. I'll see about getting probably 2 single cables that connect into a L/R splitter coming out of either my phone or the BT receiver.

Thanks for the help!

61tpLXb4ZJL._SL1001_.jpg

Reactions: Arizonarob
I got the below in today and tried it out from my phone jack to channel 1 and channel 2. It works fantastic and sounds great! Fading the balance left to right also decreases the sound volume accordingly so it is working as it is supposed to.

I think that TRS input is not capable of taking a stereo signal.

Oh I checked out that video and I am still not seeing any reason to add another DSP component to the system. It sounds great if I plug directly to my phone or using the BT receiver. And the parametric equalizer in the app gives just about any adjustment that is needed.

I'll need to get another set of cables since the 2 ends of this cable are too close together to use on 2 speakers. I'll see about getting probably 2 single cables that connect into a L/R splitter coming out of either my phone or the BT receiver.

Thanks for the help!

61tpLXb4ZJL._SL1001_.jpg

Glad that it worked and you’re happy. Just keep in mind when you split that signal, it will affectively cut the signal in half. (Just like when you faded left to right the volume went down)

Looking at those speakers more closely, (I’m used to dealing with passive speakers not active ones) I believe the signal is combined 50/50 internally. Which means you can use a single L/R rca to 1/4 jack on input channel 1&2 then use the XLR pass through out to daisy chain over to the other speaker. (Effectively having a single mono output on both speakers) (which is exactly how nightclubs are wired)

Personally, I’d get a small mixer and send left/right audio to each speaker separately for true stereo sound. But if you’re just using them to flood your outdoor area with sound, then you’ll be good!! :cheers:

By "split" the signal I mean just separating out right and left. My usual use I think will be to use that cable pictured above along with an extension cable that I just ordered to go to the 2nd speaker instead of putting both right and left into 1 speaker. That'll give me 2000 watts and true stereo sound. And these speakers truly rock the house they are "night club" sound which is exactly what I was looking for. And it is nice to know I can just run right and left into 1 speaker when I don't feel like hauling both around. Thanks again!

Reactions: Arizonarob
Believe it or not, yesterday was the first day I brought one of the EON612s out on the pool deck. They will do nicely! Wife loved them she wanted me to bring them both out for true stereo sound. I think we'll put these on the upper deck instead of directly on the deck. I would think we'll be getting some complaints from the neighbors too!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.