Jandy Watercolors Nicheless LED Light issue

I can vouch for 1 full season with the PoolTone LED replacement (in my case for a Pentair Aqualumin II) - it still works and we use it a lot. Old school color changing by toggling the switch isn't exactly upscale, but I don't change the color much.

Reactions: Wolfepack88
The pool builder replaced one of my lights and the new one did the exact same thing, any blue color had a mix of the green light and blue light. Brought out another brand new light and before installing it wired it up and we can tell the light when blue was supposed to be on had the green light on as well. So a week goes by and they bring 3 more brand new lights all in sealed boxes. At this point I have one light that was all blue. So we replace two lights and the exact same garbage, blue is mixed with green, so we replace the 3rd light which was exactly fine but clearly would show the other two are different colors when blue is picked and it does the same as the other 2, its now blue and green. I literally give up because we don't really use the lights and just want them all to at least look the same, so when we sell the house in the next 506 years they will at least be the same color. Bottom line the Jandy lights are pure garbage!!

The pool builder replaced one of my lights and the new one did the exact same thing, any blue color had a mix of the green light and blue light. Brought out another brand new light and before installing it wired it up and we can tell the light when blue was supposed to be on had the green light on as well. So a week goes by and they bring 3 more brand new lights all in sealed boxes. At this point I have one light that was all blue. So we replace two lights and the exact same garbage, blue is mixed with green, so we replace the 3rd light which was exactly fine but clearly would show the other two are different colors when blue is picked and it does the same as the other 2, its now blue and green. I literally give up because we don't really use the lights and just want them all to at least look the same, so when we sell the house in the next 506 years they will at least be the same color. Bottom line the Jandy lights are pure garbage!!
Just to be clear, most of the pool LED lights out there are RGB, meaning they used the red, blue, green LEDs to make various shades of the different colors, including white. For white, the red, green and blue LEDs should all be lit. That's completely normal, and you will get a bit of a PRISM effect when you see it, especially underwater. It's possible, based on the OP's issues, that some of the LEDs are failing, while others are correctly lighting up.

Just to be clear, most of the pool LED lights out there are RGB, meaning they used the red, blue, green LEDs to make various shades of the different colors, including white. For white, the red, green and blue LEDs should all be lit. That's completely normal, and you will get a bit of a PRISM effect when you see it, especially underwater. It's possible, based on the OP's issues, that some of the LEDs are failing, while others are correctly lighting up.
Agreed, but blue doesn't need green or red. I had one light that was perfect and you could see the other two had the green and blue mixed. I have given up at this point.

My white Jandy lights failed multiple times - I am on a set of the "longer" lasting watercooled version now - they have worked for a few years (we hardly use them anyway) which is much better than the older units. That cracked lens on the OP unit would certainly make them fail.

I have looked at several different options including the Treo lights and some others - I don't know if they would be any better honestly.

Reactions: Wolfepack88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.