Jandy vsp not turning on

vgomez1

Silver Supporter
Oct 13, 2017
NTX
Pool Size
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Replaced my skimmer (2), main drain, and spa valves/pvc - now jandy vsp pump won’t turn on. Attached are pics of pump & panel wiring. Getting 251v @ panel & pump. Any ideas why it won’t turn on?

Using outdated jandy panel with iqpump01. Jandy pda lets me switch from pool to spa mode, so I think it’s working. IQpump connects to app and appears to turn on according to app, but pump doesn’t start.

Did your pump ever work correctly?

Is your pump connected to continuous power? It looks to me like your pump is connected to the LOAD side of your filter pump relay.

You control your pump from the IQPUMP01 and not the Aqualink?

Yes, the pump worked before I powered it off and made repairs. The pump turns off and on with the iqpump and the controls with the outdated panel. There’s power at the panel and at the pump. The iqpump has two settings - quick clean and scheduled. Even if I put my pump on quick clean or turn it on for an unscheduled run, and put the panel on service mode and turn the pump on, it still doesn’t start. Thx for the help.

Last edited:
What specific model pump?

Test the drive with the RS-485 jumper method. Using small sections of 22 AWG wire, jump pins 1 to 3 and 2 to 4. These wires can be made by cutting off a section of the RS-485 wires. Re-install the connector and attach the access cover. Apply power to the motor. The motor should spin at 2600 RPM indefinitely. If the motor works, there is a problem with the RS-485 line or with the controller.

I have a Jandy VSPHP220DV2A. So connect 1/3 and 2/4 from picture then reapply power and this should start it? Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_0518.png
    IMG_0518.png
    27.5 KB · Views: 0

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
IQpump not working, but able to power the pump by jumping it. Narrowed down the problem to the iqpump - it’s either not connecting, has s bad line, or needs to be replaced. Hopefully figure it out tomorrow. Thx again!