Jandy VS Pump DC OVERVOLT

xuxiaofei

Feb 11, 2024
Cypress, Ca
My pump has this error message and I want to know is that something wrong with the pump not the computer? I am under home warranty now and home warranty only cover the pump. Should I pay $85 copay to call the home warranty or just ask a pool guy or I can fix it myself? I am so broken now and really want to save money. Any advice helps!

Attachments

• IMG_3936.jpeg
    IMG_3936.jpeg
    510.2 KB · Views: 9
How old is the pump?

Maybe a high input voltage or maybe a voltage spike.

Variable Speed drives should have some sort of surge protection.

Try a 10 minute shutdown to see if if resets.

One relatively common fault is over-voltage, often shown as “OV” or “OU” or similar, and often with an accompanying description of “DC Link Overvoltage”.

Fundamentally, this fault is in response to the drive’s internal DC bus seeing a voltage higher than the limit specified in the drive settings.

Most of the time, this fault occurs when the drive is attempting to quickly decelerate a high-inertia load; the motor is then overhauled by the load and becomes, in effect, a generator, pushing current back into the drive and recharging the DC capacitors before its DC bus voltage has had time to bleed off.

The generated voltage then adds to the existing bus voltage, causing the overvoltage.

Thanks James. It just happened and I do not whether it happend when it changed the speed or not. The pump is more than 10 years old. I shut it down for many days and when I turn it back, the message is still here. This problem is more related to the pump or the drive?

Try this:
First, make sure that the keypad is not locked by pressing the up and down arrow simultaneously for about five seconds. If the keypad was unlocked, it will lock it. If that doesn't work, unlock the keypad and try turning off the power for 5 minutes and then back on.

If that doesn't work, try this:

Turn off power to the pump.
Open compartment where power wires connect.
Note wire color order at the red 4 wire connector.. It should be 1)Red 2)Black 3)Yellow 4)Green.
Disconnect the two center wires (black and yellow) of the four wire set connecting the JEP-R to the pump.
Don't let the ends touch anything or each other.
Turn on power and load defaults.
Turn off power.
Reconnect the two center wires.
Turn on power.
Reprogram settings.

The power center supplies the controller 10 VDC via the two (2) outside wires (red and green) of the four (4) conductor cables. The two (2) inner wires (yellow and black) provide the two-way communication link between the controller and the power center.

By disconnecting the center wires, you should be able to regain the ability to load defaults.

Check for 10 volts DC to the red and green wires if the above process does not work.

If you have 10 volts dc to the controller and the above procedure did not work, you probably need a new JEP-R.

Below is the procedure to load defaults, which resets settings to factory settings.

The controller must be in the OFF mode before entering the user setup mode. While in setup mode the controller will return back to the OFF mode after one (1) minute since the last key press.
To enter the service setup menu, press and hold MENU, then press and hold the "star" and speed "4" keys. Hold all three (3) keys down for five (5) seconds. To exit, press any speed button
To restore factory default settings to the controller, from the service setup menu, select LOAD DEFAULTS. Press MENU. Using the arrow keys, select YES. Press MENU to restore factory default settings.

My pump has this error message and I want to know is that something wrong with the pump not the computer? I am under home warranty now and home warranty only cover the pump. Should I pay $85 copay to call the home warranty or just ask a pool guy or I can fix it myself? I am so broken now and really want to save money. Any advice helps!
Does your home warranty contract state that pool equipment is covered? You have to be careful with those guys cause they’ll send someone out to check the pump and still charge you the copay just to say that pool equipment is not covered.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.