Jandy TruClear with Jandy Pump setup

hseeng

Jun 27, 2008
Thought I'd share a pump diagram to help others. In the next few weeks I will setup the unit as follows.

Will be installing a Jandy TruClear with a Jandy VS FLOPRO 1.65 pump. I would like the units interconnected with TruClear using RS485 to the JEP-R pump controller.
Advantage is when the pump is not running it will shut off the TruClear (supposed too). Also the 2.0HP units will shut the Truclear down if RPM is below 1750rpm after 3 mins as precaution of low flow. I cannot find anything in the documentation that mentions the Jandy VS FLOPRO 1.65 pump will do the same. Need to find out.

This is the plan

1680880864354.png

I had some questions after reading Jandy documentation H0613500.PDF

I emailed Jandy tech support the details above. They have been 100% amazing in a warranty issue before. However in case they "called" me verses replying to email. After a short conversion that was not overly clear while I was driving they basically said should be fine.

Questions I had
Document click below states Firmware revision F or later is needed. The screen below shows VerG2 when powered on. Wanted to confirm the bootup version is this correct firmware that the documentation is referencing or is there another version in the help sub menus. e.g. RevisionF verses VerG2 may not be the same. "F" vs "G2" Is there a F1 or F2? Is F < G2..
1680881985651.png

When hooking up a TruClear with a Jandy VS floPro 1.65 pump only. Documentation states run a parallel (to the existing controller) RS485 cable. I just wanted to confirm this is what parallel meant.
Assuming may make white magic smoke in the JEP-R controller... :)

1680882028296.png
1680881078354.png

I assume this is parallel
1680882109700.png

Also just noting... the software version on the outside of the box may not match what is on the unit
1680881340329.png

Attachments

• 1680880978244.png
    1680880978244.png
    39.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 1680881142066.png
    1680881142066.png
    60.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 1680881161477.png
    1680881161477.png
    60.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 1680881169728.png
    1680881169728.png
    22.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Version G2 is later then Version F so you should be good.

Your understanding of parallel is correct.

Let us know how this works out. You are the first I have seen here interconnecting the TruClear and VS FLOPRO with RS-485 controls.

I completed installing this unit. For anyone setting up a Jandy VS pump and a true clear this setup works perfectly. When you stop the pump from the JEPR controller (e.g to backwash) the Trueclear SWG automatically goes into stand by mode. On a 77,000l pool running it at 20-30% is enough for cooler weather. Once the pool used heavily and its very sunny it keeps up find @ 40%

Reactions: gprust
I can also confirm that this works with my Jandy VS pump and TruClear SWG unit, it greatly simplifies operating the SWG properly in conjunction with the pump without having to have any of the Jandy automation setups. Now if I could just get it talking to my NjsPC install......

I have my TruClear wired to my RS-8 panel and can control it via the virtual TouchLink panel. It's not a great interface, but it's workable.

That said, I am chasing an issue where the output will reset for an unknown reason. Currently I think I've narrowed it down to switching to the output level set for when the pool is covered. The only problem there is that I don't have a cover or the cover add-on PCB...

I might go that route. I saw a lot of posts about the o-ring issues near the connector prongs. Are those still normal?
I put dielectric grease on the prongs and in the connection housing which has worked well for me. It is best to check every several months.

You can read on forum that TruClear have had its fair share of issues so no SWCG is perfect. Just need to pick what you feel is best for you budget and risk tolerance.

I would like it to integrate with my iAqualink system, so choices are limited. The prices on a lot of them seem high. I haven't really found a consumer place to buy the AquaPure. Jandy pushes you towards dealers (and pro install).

Reactions: HermanTX

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I would like it to integrate with my iAqualink system, so choices are limited. The prices on a lot of them seem high. I haven't really found a consumer place to buy the AquaPure. Jandy pushes you towards dealers (and pro install).
I purchased mine at Polytec Pools and registered it with Jandy for warranty. I installed it myself with help of a handyman who was my "professional" installer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.