Jandy TruClear SWG ”Pro Series” Controls Disabled?

ckendalls

Gold Supporter
May 17, 2018
Clermont FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
My snowbird neighbor is back and not surprisingly his hot tub and pool are scaled because his “pool service” did not keep the chemistry balanced (pH and TA high). I had warned them... The Salt level was also way high but fill water dilution and a deluge from Nestor last night helped get that down from 5500 to 3500.... Still the TA after that dilution is 130... it also looks like the SWG cell has some scaling of course. My robot in his pool is pulling a lot of scale from the walls and bottom.

Anyway the service also had the Jandy TruClear SWG on 70% so the FC was pretty much SLAM level constantly >25. But the panel controls to adjust seemed to be disabled and are non responsive. Are there dip switches behind the panel or something to enable the controls on this unit or in the pump somewhere? For now I have unplugged it to get the FC levels down and am going thru the MA additions and aeration to lower pH and TA.

Is the TruClear SWG connected to an Aqualink RS panel or a standalone panel?

@PoolGate may know.

Is the TruClear SWG connected to an Aqualink RS panel or a standalone panel?

@PoolGate may know.
It looks standalone panel to me but here’s a pic or two.

Also the wiring is such that the pump and SWG are on different but linked breakers but on the same intermatic timer. So I can’t run the pump without the SWG also on 70% with the panel not working(other than display). Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• 96098D38-0692-43BB-A7A1-3B2B971A6C73.jpeg
    96098D38-0692-43BB-A7A1-3B2B971A6C73.jpeg
    611.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 5A8CDD4D-0960-4E05-8F98-65DF4972188C.jpeg
    5A8CDD4D-0960-4E05-8F98-65DF4972188C.jpeg
    474.3 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Can you power cycle it? There is an outlet in the bottom that would go to an Aqualink control if they had one. See if it is connected to anything. If not it is controlled right on the unit.

Reactions: ckendalls
Can you power cycle it? There is an outlet in the bottom that would go to an Aqualink control if they had one. See if it is connected to anything. If not it is controlled right on the unit.
The only way I see to power cycle it is at the linked breakers for the pump and SWG.... The panel does nothing...

The lizard on top of the breaker box looks like he's up to something. Very suspicious. Acting all nonchalant like he doesn't know anything.

Check the breakers to see if the power is off.
The powers is on and the display works showing 70%... the buttons do nothing. So for now I unplugged the line to the cell.

I don't see anything on the display.

There's a ribbon cable that connects the display to the main circuit board.

Maybe that has come loose?

If you remove the screws to open the box, be very careful not to pull the front away from the back too far or the ribbon cable can be damaged.

How old is the box?

Last edited:
Reactions: ckendalls
Yep. Sorry you can’t see the display in the pic at this distance but it is definitely which is why I am befuddled as to why the buttons do nada... I tried to take the front panel off by removing the obvious screws but the lower part would not disengage and it’s my neighbors not mine so I was cautious and decide to try here and the manual.... The box is only 15 mos old.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.