Jandy Truclear Continuously Chlorinating Issues

While I wait for Zodiac to open I am wondering what could be the problem with why the Truclear system is continuously producing chlorine (or at least the control unit is saying it is) even when pump is off?

I know my check valves in the spa jets are faulty and the water will back flow into the pool, however once this reaches an equilibrium (no more water back flowing) the truclear control unit still says it is producing chlorine. I have closed all the manual valves from the pool and spa so there is no back or forward flow possible and the control unit still shows it chlorinating.

When I run the pool normally and then shut it off I can look into the cell and see it producing chlorine (gets cloudy, can see bubbles) then after about 1 minute this stops and the water in the salt cell gets clear (indicates it is no longer on) but the control unit still says chlorinating.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Please remove the power from the SWCG now. This condition can cause an explosion of the cell.

Your SWCG must be set up to not have power to it when the pump is off. As you have a VS pump, you need a timer for the SWCG that removes the power from the SWCG when the pump is scheduled to be off.

The entire control panel of the SWCG should be powered off completely when the pump is not running? IE when the pump timer tells the pump to come on then it turns power on to the SWCG control panel?

Cause yes right now the SWCG control panel always has power to it, the only thing that turns the cell off is the lack of flow which is how I assumed (bad idea considering other things I have seen in this house) it was suppose to be. But after looking at the wiring diagram from the manual it shows otherwise.

There is no way to tap into the timer within the VS pump?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.