Jandy style valve leak issue

toidi

Oct 9, 2022
St Thomas USVI
I have a 3 way Ocean Blue "lube free" valve that was working fine (leak free) until today when I had to take out some screws to install an actuator. Now around one of the screws I'm getting a small leak that I can't seem to get it to stop. The top of the valve never came out so I'm fairly sure the gasket inside is fine. I've tried tightening the screw up, loosing it, etc. but I can't get it to stop dripping. I'm getting a drip every 2-3 seconds. Any ideas on how to fix this? I can't easily take the valve apart because it's the last valve that leads to my returns and I don't have any way to seal the returns in the pool.

Get some rubber winterizing plugs that you can use to plug your returns so you can work on the leaking valve.

Do not over-tighten the screws or you will crack the screw hole and create bigger problems.

Pool lube on the O ring or a new O ring on the valve should stop the leak.

Rubber_Expansion_plug.jpg

There's a large-ish o-ring between the body and the top. You'll probably need to remove the top and replace the o-ring, or maybe lubing it will be enough.

I guess your equipment is below pool level, else this would be no problem. Most returns are threaded and can be plugged for winterizing, etc. Why do you say yours can't be? A below-water level pad with un-pluggable returns is kind of crazy.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.