Jandy SpaLink RS 8 button issues

DigitalPool

Apr 24, 2022
SoCal - Orange County
Pool Size
I've got a Jandy RS 8 button remote that is built into my spa. After 12 years and heavy recent rains it has decided to go phantom on me and it turns on my spa, waterfall, and lights randomly. My guess is there is water or wear on the internal switches or PCB, but there are no serviceable parts and the remote is obsolete.
Has anyone cracked one of these open? I do a lot of PCB work, so I feel pretty good about my chances of repair once I'm into it, but resealing it (especially the buttons) seems like it might be a lost cause without using a quart of RTV or silicon.
I'd prefer not to use a different one, since my hardscape is already molded to this model. Has anyone else found a reasonable solution to repair or replace?
Thanks, Mike

The eight button - the one on the right.

That one is more complicated then the 4 button that I have which are just momentary contact switches.

The 8 button connects to the RS-485 comm block and must have a circuit board in it.

BP Engineering, Inc. repairs Jandy boards and you can see if they have any advice on repairing the remote.

They can be contacted at bpengineering "at" sbcglobal "dot" net

Reactions: DigitalPool
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.