Jandy RS8

Refer to Post #15
Also are you still working with Jandy Automation - iAquaLink?
Go to Menu - System Settings - Assign JVAs and show a screenshot of that.
Also, Go to Menu - System Settings - Label AUX and show a screenshot of that.
Post 15 isn't right. If you look at my link: you can see how this is plumbed. I use the waterfall option to operate this separate pump. Now I need the option to turn the valve to Waterfall output or the deck fountains.

Here are the two screens you requested:

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

My goal is to use the current waterfall option to turn on the pump and run the waterfall and perhaps make another option to fountains that would turn on the same pump but switch the valve to the fountain option. That would be the ideal situation. The compromise would be the waterfall option operates the pump for these water features and then another button selects the output?

Right but I don't know how to explain it any differently. I need to 1 turn on the pump and 2 select where the water goes. I would LOVE to have a feature for water fall that turns on Aux1 and put the valves on the one side and another feature that I turn on and it turns on that same pump but moves the valve to the fountains?

Right but I don't know how to explain it any differently. I need to 1 turn on the pump and 2 select where the water goes. I would LOVE to have a feature for water fall that turns on Aux1 and put the valves on the one side and another feature that I turn on and it turns on that same pump but moves the valve to the fountains?
Do you have another free AUX relay?

Jumper the lines and loads from AUX1 to the other AUX.

Assign the JVA to the other AUX.

When you select AUX1 the pump will run to one water feature.

When you select the other AUX the valve will turn and the pump will run to the other water feature.

I was just typing the same thing that Allen stated.
If you do not have another AUX then each cycle of the pump (on / off) will rotate the JVA from one feature to the other.

If you do not have another AUX then each cycle of the pump (on / off) will rotate the JVA from one feature to the other.

Are you sure about that?

I think when you turn on the pump the JVA will rotate and when the pump turns off the JVA will move back to its home position?

Are you sure about that?

I think when you turn on the pump the JVA will rotate and when the pump turns off the JVA will move back to its home position?
I stand corrected - you are right - it may return to original position. I was helping a friend with a similar situation, and I was thinking it stayed in place.

I think I have another AUX available but I have to jumper from that AUX to the relay that powers the pump?

Yup.

I am not clear how the system knows which way to rotate the valve?

Actuators have two positions set by the internal cams.

One position is the HOME position it will be when the AUX circuit is off. The other position is the ON position it will be moved to when the AUX circuit is on.

If you want to change which of the two positions is HOME you use the toggle switch on the side of the actuator.

Reactions: HermanTX

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ok I am technical and capable but confused so if we can hash this out it would be great:

On the valve I have HOME and ON. Lets call HOME the Waterfall and ON the Fountains. I need the pump to run with each option and the actuator to be ON or HOME depending if I select Waterfall or Fountains. There is only the one actuator and the one pump. The position of the actuator determines the water feature and I don't want to, or need to add another.

With my Jandy panel can I create these two packages?

Ok I am technical and capable but confused so if we can hash this out it would be great:

On the valve I have HOME and ON. Lets call HOME the Waterfall and ON the Fountains. I need the pump to run with each option and the actuator to be ON or HOME depending if I select Waterfall or Fountains. There is only the one actuator and the one pump. The position of the actuator determines the water feature and I don't want to, or need to add another.

With my Jandy panel can I create these two packages?
See post #25.

Use two AUX relays.

Do you have another free AUX relay?
YES

Jumper the lines and loads from AUX1 to the other AUX.
JUMPER in the panel connecting all the lines from Aux1 and the new Aux2 together?

Assign the JVA to the other AUX.
The JVA is connected to the one AUX. I Don't Want this JVA to move except for one of the Auxs the other it should be in the Home Position, Right?

When you select AUX1 the pump will run to one water feature.

When you select the other AUX the valve will turn and the pump will run to the other water feature.

JUMPER in the panel connecting all the lines from Aux1 and the new Aux2 together?

Wire from AUX1 screw1 to AUX2 screw1; AUX1 screw2 to AUX2 screw2; AUX1 screw3 to AUX2 screw3; AUX1 screw4 to AUX2 screw4;
The JVA is connected to the one AUX. I Don't Want this JVA to move except for one of the Auxs the other it should be in the Home Position, Right?

Lets call HOME the Waterfall and ON the Fountains

The AUX the JVA is not assigned to will run the pump to the Waterfall.

The AUX the JVA is assigned to will turn the actuator to Fountains when the pump is run.