Jandy RS Problems

sts

Sep 6, 2017
Penn Valley
I have a Jandy RS system start-up was 2019. I started having some finicky issues with my controls. I have color LED lights, and they are supposed to cycle to correct color and stay on. Sometimes they would begin cycling and go out. Other times not go on at all. The other day, I had issues with the suction valve not changing. It was on spa mode but water still was pulling from pool. Changed mode back and forth, eventually it stayed in spa mode. However, at some time the fuse blew on the RS controller.

Just got new fuses, and disconnected the three JVA's (assumed it was a bad actuator on intake). My plan was to add each JVA one at a time with suction JVA last. Put pool in Service mode and started filter. Ran for a while, but then the Filter stopped. Checked the Controller, it was now in Auto mode. Put system back in service mode, it runs for a while and jumps to auto-mode.

I have never seen this happen before. Is there a reason it keeps leaving Service mode for Auto mode?

Any suggestions how to proceed?

There’s two different service modes on the RS, one that stays in service mode for 3 hours before returning to auto, and one that stays in service mode.

It sounds like you are putting the RS in the first service mode. When you press the button on the RS you cycle through the three modes and you should see the LED’s cycle through the three states. Make sure that the bottom service LED is on if you want to permanently stay in service mode.

Thanks, I did not realize that. I am using the first service mode, but it is switching after a couple of minutes. This surprised me, as I never saw that behavior before.

Presently running in auto mode for last 1/2 hour with all JVA's disconnected.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.