Jandy RS Iaqualink - no power at box need assistance

cchaynes

Jul 6, 2020
Wallingford, PA
I have read through the various threads on this and my issues seem a bit different.

1) set spa to heat last night
2) lost all power to pool, no lights in the RS box (no lights on)
3) fuse on the rear of the panel is Intact.
4) Pulled all the low volt lines (lights pump solar etc) off the front to see if a device was causing the issue, nothing

This is as far as I have gone. Going to pick up a multimeter today.

UPDATE

There is AC In the jandy box

Realy 1 seems not to have and live voltage and it would appear that really 1feeds the transformer so I can't determine if the transformer is the issue or the relay or perhaps the line that fees the relay.

Any Troubleshooting advice would be great!

Thanks
C

Last edited:
Check the CB at the main electrical panel that feeds the sub panel circuit to the Aqualink.

Using your new multimeter see if you have power into the Aqualink. If ok there then check for power in and out of the transformer that powers the System.

Check the CB at the main electrical panel that feeds the sub panel circuit to the Aqualink.

Using your new multimeter see if you have power into the Aqualink. If ok there then check for power in and out of the transformer that powers the System.
THANKS

I did that and it looks like I have voltage on the second and third relays but nothing on the first and it looks like the transformer is fed by the first relay? Is it possible the relay is bad? I can't test the transformer without getting power to it, it comes up empty.

The Aqualink RS power should not go through a relay.

Post pics of your RS panel showing the wiring so we can discuss what you are doing.

Relays only pass power when Aqualink tells them to. The main Aqualink power does not flow through a relay. One of those breakers in the Aqualink box should power Aqualink. Can you post a pic of the inside of the box?

The Aqualink RS power should not go through a relay.

Post pics of your RS panel showing the wiring so we can discuss what you are doing.

The black wire I am pointing to is how they have fed the transformer, that relay has no power at all, while the others do. There is a bare wire there (brown) I will need to repair but it doenst look to be the problem to my eye.

Thoughts?
1607897456687.png

What transformer are you talking about? If it's the big round one on the left that's for the swg, not the Aqualink.

The one mounted inside upper right which feeds the board with yellow wires

That doesn't make sense. Aqualink is what energizes the relays. If it can't get power, none of the relays can turn on. How are some of the relays being powered without Aqualink powered on first?

Give us a full pic of the panel with all the wiring.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That doesn't make sense. Aqualink is what energizes the relays. If it can't get power, none of the relays can turn on. How are some of the relays being powered without Aqualink powered on first?
Good question, not sure it has worked for years the way they wired it, I am just trying to understand it now. So where would I have voltage in this current state and where shouldn't I? Do the relays not get voltage at some side and pass to the other when activated? like a switch?

Your profile says Pentair IntelliConnect Pool Control & Monitoring System but the subject line says Jandy RS Iaqualink. What are we dealing with? That does not look like an Aqualink.

Ok, you have an Aqualink RS without a load center.

If you do not have power on relay 1 screws 2 & 6 then you need to trace the wires back to the CB and power source.

OK, will do, is it odd that there is power at the other relays?

No, because without a load center power can be coming to the LINE side of the relays from different electrical sources and CBs.

No, because without a load center power can be coming to the LINE side of the relays from different electrical sources and CBs.
ok, tried to trace it, based on wire colors, there is one 20 am breaker with 2 browns coming from it and the two on that really are brown, oddly one wire at the breaker has power and one doesn't, is it potentially a bad breaker?

Incidentally, the wires at the really have both lost some insulation, so it may have been a mouse or just heat/desert.

Not sure what to try next. Neiter brown at the handy has power.

I also don't see a GFCI other than a plug back there, it could be there s one somewhere and I just need to reset it?

Post pics of the breaker panel and what you are looking at.

You try resetting the breaker?

What does “top brown is hot bottom is not” mean? You measure voltage on the wires?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.