Jandy pump making squeaking sound at start up and shutdown

Titan7

LifeTime Supporter
May 9, 2015
Peoria, AZ
This has been going on for a few months, right at start up and shutdown I get this squeaking sound for about 2-3 seconds. Jandy is telling me it’s normal, I asked okay, then why did it not do this for the first 2years?

Any thoughts?

Can you video the sound and post a link to the video? Then maybe someone will recognize it.

I have 2 jandy pumps (well, one is a polaris, but both jandy and polaris are owned by zodiac), and they both squeak a little at start and stop, and have done this since new. They're both about 2 years old now. I assumed it was normal, and think I read somewhere on line that it was as well.

I think that it's probably the seal. It might be the impeller rubbing but I think that it's most likely to be the seal.

It might go away. You could replace the seal but it's probably not worthwhile unless the pump is leaking.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I suspect that it's the shaft seal. I don't know why it would squeak.

It might be the impeller rubbing if something doesn't fit right.

Maybe the bearings or fan, but, if the motor is new, that seems unlikely.

It might be worthwhile opening it up to check everything and replace the seal.

There's a hole in the back cover where you can insert an allen wrench and spin the shaft slowly to see if it's hard to turn.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.