Jandy Power Center Transformer Replacement/ Aquapure

zenben

May 6, 2010
My Transformer for my 12 year old Jandy RS system seems to have burned out the two yellow wires that connect with others via the multiconnector to my Aquapure back board. I've been getting error code 123 and clearly the transformer is fried in some form, though still functioning in other ways. I need to replace it. Currently, Jandy has part R0481400 which is the round transformer. Mine is a big rectangle with yellow heat tape around it. Can I buy the newer transformer or should I dig out the old part number T1005 that they used to make. It looks like a few places still might stock it. Would love to know if anybody has swapped/replaced these parts on an older RS panel. Thanks in advance!!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-09-23 at 6.17.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-23 at 6.17.52 PM.png
    70 KB · Views: 26
  • Screen Shot 2019-09-23 at 6.19.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-23 at 6.19.05 PM.png
    53.5 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_3436.jpeg
    IMG_3436.jpeg
    399 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_3437.jpeg
    IMG_3437.jpeg
    286 KB · Views: 26
I am not sure you have a choice and can find the square transformer anyplace.

I am not sure you have a choice and can find the square transformer anyplace.
Well, against Jandy's "get the old one" instructions....I decided to buy the "new" one. It's been running for several hours. It fit perfectly with the same mounting holes and everything. Even the High Voltage side wires were color coded identically. The only difference is the new part has a ground wire that I attached to the common ground.

Reactions: kmcmahon002
Well, against Jandy's "get the old one" instructions....I decided to buy the "new" one. It's been running for several hours. It fit perfectly with the same mounting holes and everything. Even the High Voltage side wires were color coded identically. The only difference is the new part has a ground wire that I attached to the common ground.

Good to know for other people who have the problem. Thanks.

Reactions: kmcmahon002
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.