Zachary, LA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
Has anyone dealt with Jandy pool light warranty replacement, I can’t find anywhere what their warranty period is? At the end of last year the pool light wouldn’t turn on, since nothing had happened that would cause any damage, I assumed it just needed a new light bulb. I pulled the light out today to change the bulb and noticed excessive rust/corrosion where the cord goes into the light housing. I cleaned it up as best as I could and tried a new bulb but it did not work. My assumption is that the seal where the cord goes into the housing was bad and allowed water seepage into the light. Attached are pics of the assembly, this is after I cleaned it up a bit.

I’ve disconnected power to the light until I can get it sorted out.

Anyone had a similar experience and did Jandy warranty it?

Attachments

• 30D7111C-1BA8-4A1B-BD83-C48F0BE316B8.jpeg
    30D7111C-1BA8-4A1B-BD83-C48F0BE316B8.jpeg
    357.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 4D0E7EE7-7127-48D0-9682-9022FC617C70.jpeg
    4D0E7EE7-7127-48D0-9682-9022FC617C70.jpeg
    508.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 7207594D-5799-4011-8853-9C47134E7989.jpeg
    7207594D-5799-4011-8853-9C47134E7989.jpeg
    421.8 KB · Views: 5
Anything professionally installed typically has a 3 year warranty. Call their tech support (Fluidra). Can you call the builder?

Reactions: Mwalt
Anything professionally installed typically has a 3 year warranty. Call their tech support (Fluidra). Can you call the builder?
That’s what I was thinking too, emailed their customer service to see if they would review it. I’m planning to call the builder Monday, but their contract/warranty is a year from when water was put in it.

That’s what I was thinking too, emailed their customer service to see if they would review it. I’m planning to call the builder Monday, but their contract/warranty is a year from when water was put in it.

Usually the builder is responsible for the warranty work while under warranty. If you put the pool in, check your contract. Hopefully the builder registered all the components with Jandy but mine didn't and they didn't have an issue they asked me for all the serial numbers and registered it all then. Builders suck.

Usually the builder is responsible for the warranty work while under warranty. If you put the pool in, check your contract. Hopefully the builder registered all the components with Jandy but mine didn't and they didn't have an issue they asked me for all the serial numbers and registered it all then. Builders suck.
Thanks, I looked at the contract and the builder is only on the hook for 365 days for labor to install warranty parts. Hopefully Jandy will warranty it but not optimistic since it’s over 3 years. They were very good about my saltcell issues and warrantied though 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Will update with any news. Thanks for your responses!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.