Jun 28, 2022
Sugar Land, TX
Pool Size
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Hello All!

I am getting error codes 194 and 125 on my Jandy AquaPure 1400. While following the troubleshooting guide, the Cell Voltage and Cell Current tests were the only things out of spec. I am getting ~8.5V when testing the Cell connection test points (supposed to be 22 to 28) and 0 mV for the Cell Current test (supposed to be 100 to 145). On the troubleshoot page it say "The Chlorine Generator has to be set to 100% and producing chlorine to perform these test." I set it to 100% and the "cell on" light was lit during the test. I did not see any chlorine generation though. When it say that it needs to be producing chlorine the chlorinator has to be working or does the "cell on" simply need to be on to trigger the PIB to send voltage which can then be tested? The only way I could get the Multimeter on the Cell Connection Test Points was to disconnect the cables. Does that invalidate the results?

Based on these results the troubleshooting guide said to replace the PIB. I bought a replacement PIB and am getting the same results. Could replacing the chlorinator fix all of this or does it seem like there be another issue causing this to persist?

Thank you for any help you can provide!
Erik

Those codes typically indicate a cell failure. With a cell failure, I am not sure you can test the output voltage on the cables that go to the cell.

But If you can get the "cell on" to light and no errors and you are at 100%, then you should see the rated voltage going to the cell.

Hello All!

I am getting error codes 194 and 125 on my Jandy AquaPure 1400. While following the troubleshooting guide, the Cell Voltage and Cell Current tests were the only things out of spec. I am getting ~8.5V when testing the Cell connection test points (supposed to be 22 to 28) and 0 mV for the Cell Current test (supposed to be 100 to 145). On the troubleshoot page it say "The Chlorine Generator has to be set to 100% and producing chlorine to perform these test." I set it to 100% and the "cell on" light was lit during the test. I did not see any chlorine generation though. When it say that it needs to be producing chlorine the chlorinator has to be working or does the "cell on" simply need to be on to trigger the PIB to send voltage which can then be tested? The only way I could get the Multimeter on the Cell Connection Test Points was to disconnect the cables. Does that invalidate the results?

Based on these results the troubleshooting guide said to replace the PIB. I bought a replacement PIB and am getting the same results. Could replacing the chlorinator fix all of this or does it seem like there be another issue causing this to persist?

Thank you for any help you can provide!
Erik
I have the same issue.... Did you resolve this? What was the answer ?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.