Jandy Neverlube vs. single/double union valves

eyedoc_01

May 30, 2020
Saint Louis MO
Hi all,

Going to hard pipe this fall after closing down the pool. I am confused about the best setup with valves and unions. I have a straightforward setup with a pump, sand filter, and SWG.

From what I gather, I should put unions between pool and pump, between pump and filter, and between filter and SWG. I do take the SWG, filter valve, and pump inside for the winter, and that should make that task easy. I am planning on keeping the flexible hose out to where the backwash line drains.

With this setup, do I also need valves, and if so, for what purpose?

If I do need valves, should I get separate unions and valves, or the Jandy union valves? And if the union valves, single or double? Help!!!!

For reference: Pool Valves | Jandy

Show us pics of your current equipment setup and areas where you are thinking of valves.

With an AGP best you post a picture of your current setup. For unions, you can have a union on each side of the pump and on each side of the SWCG. This allows for easy removal.

I have a union with an incorporated valve that works smoothly under my skimmer- i plan on replacing the two cheepo ball valves at each return with these as well when i hard plumb. They’re not as fancy as the jandy ones but they work well.
between the pump & filter i just put a union although I don’t take that apart at closing (it’s just to make equipment change out easier). At closing i just leave the one under the skimmer open & remove the bottom pipe & attached hose- I currently remove the ones from the returns & put screw in plugs.

With your setup I think 4 High temp unions would work perfect for your setup.. Just make sure the pump and return side all take 1.5 inch threads... :)

No need for Jandy Valves unless you wanted to split your return and have 2 going into the pool... Or add a suction side vacuum hose into the suction side...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.