Jandy - Multiport Valve Doesn’t Fit Jandy Filter

John LI

May 20, 2021
Long Island
Just curious if anyone knows if Jandy recently changed the size of their fittings. Our pool is about 7 years and has a DEV 48 Jandy DE filter with a Jandy Multiport Valve. The female threaded part of the union (locking nut) attaching the valve to filter started cracking blast year and now, I can’t tighten the locking nut enough got prevent a small drip. I’m afraid if I tighten the locking nuts anymore, they will completely break. So, I ordered a new Jandy multi-port valve online that says it matches my filter and tried to install it earlier today. All was going great until I noticed that the locking nuts on the new valve are a slightly smaller diameter and don’t screw on the male side of the union. I tried doing an internet search and looking on the Jandy website but can’t find any information about this. The diameter of the piping from the valve going to the union is the same size, just the locking nuts are slightly different.
Has anyone run into this?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.