Jandy LXi - Fault High Limit

Easto

Jun 27, 2010
Opened the pool today.
Went to fire up the heater and had a fault.
found the limit sensor to be heavily corroded

I ordered a new harness of Amazon.ca

I am 90% sure where the harness plugs in on the heater. Can someone confirm this is the right spot?

And do I have to run the cable behind all these components or can I run it in front?

Attachments

• EBB36AC4-B4D7-47D3-AC88-8DE013B295C8.jpeg
    EBB36AC4-B4D7-47D3-AC88-8DE013B295C8.jpeg
    547.1 KB · Views: 38
@Pool Clown
Looking straight at the heater, the one on the right came out no problem. It had some white powder on it.

The left was heavily corroded the wires were pulled out while I was trying to remove it and eventually the metal ring at the bottom came out in two pieces.

when they go back in which one goes back into the left 130 or 150?

And the picture i posted, that the correct wire on the panel?

without taking that panel off I don’t know how I’d be able to snake the wire back through there

with the whole new harness, I’m not too sure how I’d replace them one at a time?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I am 90% sure where the harness plugs in on the heater. Can someone confirm this is the right spot?
Yes, the high and low temp sensors are in series and plug into J17. Below is a handy little picture for future reference.

Chris

1590405484284.png

Reactions: Easto
@Pool Clown

I got the same error again today when I turned my pool on this morning.

I took the limit sensors out and they look fine.

I just replaced them this season, any idea what’s going on?

This is really frustrating.

Attachments

• E68D2BF8-3FF9-4116-9FC9-833B9F378BDB.jpeg
    E68D2BF8-3FF9-4116-9FC9-833B9F378BDB.jpeg
    22 KB · Views: 12
I've found connections to sensors can be very frustrating to resolve. Wiggle the connections on both ends to see if this makes it work during the start cycle. I found one connection that looked perfectly OK but definitely caused "fail-no fail" faults with slight movement. Looked fine but I cleaned and reinstalled then coated with corrosion block. I did this for all the sensor connections and none of them have failed since (about 4 years).

I hope this helps.

Chris

The connections looks tight. I took the rubber sleeve off and looked at the connection and pushed the sensor down as far is it would go.

with my limited experience it looks like it should work.

very very little amount of white powder suck on the end of the one without the red dot. Tried to brush it all off, some is stuck on. Not sure how to get it all off without damaging it.

I also don’t want to spray anything on it that may damage it.

Other than my water getting up to 90 degrees yesterday (we were away for 2 days with the solar blanket on) I don’t know what else could have caused it

Last edited:
Also check the hi limit sensor/circuit breaker inside the cabinet above The manifold. Mine was doing the same thing and it turned out this part (which can be reset with the button on the face was corroded as well. throws the same trouble code.4348B690-B026-46B9-BA5A-21CBF1B19242.jpeg

All i can offer is to check the wiring to make sure a tenant has not moved in and started to eat the wiring, OR...
You may be beginning to have board issues. This guy can probably test the board for you and /or repair if needed.

I can vouch for this guy. Very responsive when I spoke with him. He'll tell you on the phone if he can repair it and committed to 2 day turnaround. I believe the flat rate about a year ago was $150.

Chris

When you turn the heater on do you get a momentary red blip on the LED located on the side of the FenwaI? Do you get 1, 2, or 3 blips after it shuts down?

If you haven't already done this, temporarily short each limit switch in the white circuit. If you still have the issue the failure is somewhere else in the loop. Try the other sensor loops. If this doesn't work call Bob P. above explain the problem and see if he thinks he can help. He's a very nice guy and easy to talk to plus I believe he designed the boards originally.

Chris

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.