Jandy LX Heater making noise

Mar 5, 2015
Galt, CA
Hi i'm reaching out hoping for some assistance with issues i'm having with my Gas Heater. I went to use the heater yesterday since my little one wanted to hop into the spa. The heater kicked on and the fan started going and i could feel hot air coming out of the exhaust section. Then there was rattling like gravel running through the pipes and the pipes shaking a little bit. The fan then kicked off and after about a minute the fan kicked on again and the same result with the noise. On the panel after awhile it eventually showed a Air Flow Sw error and showing service. I looked in the manual and checked around the heater and cleared away any debris. Tried it again and same result and noises. I reached out to a pool company near by and they said it sounded like a dirty filter(i just cleaned my cartridge filters and the pressure on the filters is normal). I've looked online and found that the rattling might be a cause of a bypass valve being broken or might be scale too. We have hard water where I leave so i wouldn't be shocked by sediment being in the lines.

Any suggestions on what might be causing this noise?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.