Jandy LT400 AGS light

Mindflux

LifeTime Supporter
May 7, 2014
Pflugerville, TX
Fellas,

Lately when I fire up my corner spa from my iAqualink the AGS light comes on the heater. If I cycle the "power" on the button of the heater off and back on usually the heater fires up and the AGS light does not return. Sometimes it takes two cycles, but generally one will do it.

What can I look for as a cause for this? It seems odd that I'd say 90% of the time the AGS light kicks on through automation but a manual cycle at the panel cures it for that session.

Possibly a dirty flame prover rod. Remove and clean to see if it improves. it generates a small voltage with heatIng and could be slow to do so due to age or buildup on the probe. If the fenwall doesn’t recieve the microvolt signal, it will shut down. Possibly when you restart, it has already Absorbed some heat and now generates a signal. They also go bad after awhile. My 16 hear old lt400 needed a replacement this spring.

Possibly a dirty flame prover rod. Remove and clean to see if it improves.

I read about this and went to check my flame rod (last week) and the rod screw and bracket are rusty. I just TOUCHED my screw driver to the screw head and the head fell off. I'm afraid to remove the rod now and have the bracket crumble.. and the screw hole still filled by the rusted screw body. Since I'll probably have to drill the hole back out for the proving rod bracket screw... I stopped messing with it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.