Jandy JXI Heater Flue Temp High

Latest news...My flue sensor arrived and I was going to install it along with my new igniter coil. I have been running the pump to keep the water moving over the last few weeks. My combustion chamber is full of water now. I think I had a leak and wondering if it may have been steam setting the flue sensor off? After the heater errored out, the pump still ran and filled the combustion chamber full of water and that is what blew my second igniter coil. Does this sound feasible? Is there any coming back from this. I spoke to one guy today who said the replacement combustion chamber is 2k with labor. Not sure how accurate that number is, I haven't done any research on it.
It sure does. This seems to be a root cause with heater problems and weird sort of unexplained error codes. From now on when this happens I think we should suggest that people look for indications of tube leaks and possibly remove the igniter and check for a water level with a stick.

Last edited:
Reactions: Poolbreh
Ooh yeah you're dorked. Your combustion chamber is fine but you'll need a new heat exchanger, refractory kit and gasket kit. $1300 total in the US. If you aren't able to do the labor yourself, get a new heater. It's not hard to replace the parts, however.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.