Jandy JXI "CHECK IGN STEPS"?

gocubs418

May 3, 2016
Dallas/TX
I have a Jandy JXI400 heater. Little over 4 years old. Flawless operation, never had an issue ever. However, tonight, it had one. I saw the spa hit 100 deg and got my suit on. Jumped in and noticed it dropped to 99... Then 98. Walked over to heater and it said "CHECK IGN STEPS". I decided to get out and turned it off. Gave it maybe 5-10 minutes. Turned it back on. Seemed to fire up normally, whoosh and heat blowing etc.

Is it a fluke? Should I call my PB since I have the VersaFlo I have a 5 year warranty?

If your PB has warranted equipment for 5 years I'd call him first. There are several potential causes, most pretty easy to fix but require taking some of the heater panels off. This could void the warranty so I'd check first. The only thing I'd do before you verify the warranty is reset it by turning breaker off then on again. If it's not the breaker are you comfortable working inside the heater electronics with 240 v power?

Chris

If your PB has warranted equipment for 5 years I'd call him first. There are several potential causes, most pretty easy to fix but require taking some of the heater panels off. This could void the warranty so I'd check first. The only thing I'd do before you verify the warranty is reset it by turning breaker off then on again. If it's not the breaker are you comfortable working inside the heater electronics with 240 v power?

Chris

Yeah, I'm gonna check with my PB on Monday first. If I don't have a warranty, I'll probably have the pool tech I hire occasionally come take a look at it. I think I'm going to test it out today again as well. See if the problem occurs.

Chris
Spoke to PB, warranty is only on the heat exchanger, not the total unit. So considered out of warranty. However, they would diagnose for free.

I ran the heater yesterday and it was successful. Heated up to 104 and continue to heat to that level when it drop. Maybe it was just a hiccup?

Did you cycle the breaker after recommended? Could be a connection issue. I took all the connectors loose in the safety sensor loop off, cleaned, replaced and sprayed with Corrosion Block. This corrected a "Check IGN" message about a year after installation and I never had a repeat.

Did you cycle the breaker after recommended? Could be a connection issue. I took all the connectors loose in the safety sensor loop off, cleaned, replaced and sprayed with Corrosion Block. This corrected a "Check IGN" message about a year after installation and I never had a repeat.

I did nothing actually. Hah. I was going to cycle the breaker but decided not to do anything since it was pretty late. I just got out of the spa that night, switch it over to pool, and that is it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.