Jandy JEP2.0 with aqualink RS controller won't run at variable speeds

cmooty

Jan 25, 2017
League City, TX
Hello all, I recently tried to set my pump to run at a high speed for vacuuming out the spa, but when I choose a different speed setting on the Jandy PDA, it prompts me to change the RPMs if I choose to. Whether I change from the default or not, the PDA indicates a change (x moves from pool to new mode), but after a second, the x moves back to the pool seeing, and the pump never shows or speeds up. The pump is running fine, just only at a single speed. Any idea what would cause this. Thanks in advance.

Chad

Welcome to TFP!

I am not familiar with Jandy equipment but my Pentair VS pump needs to be controlled at the Solartouch automation panel when it is plugged in to the comm cable. The way to change speed at the panel is to select a different speed, not change rpm. ie, change from speed 1 to speed 2. First I have to unplug the community cable and set the desired rpm for speed 1 and speed 2 at the pump controller. Changing the rpm on my pump doesn't work either when plugged into automation, it reverts back to the controlled speed during the next communication cycle.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.