Poughkeepsie, New York
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hi & in June of this Summer I upgraded from an old Hayward perflex filter, 25 yr old fixed speed motor with mechanical timer to a new Jandy DEV60 filter/mpv, Jandy VSFloPro 1.85 HP variable speed pump & JEP-R controller. I was rebuilding my 20+ year old perflex filter annually - ugh and love the new pool filter/pump gear, installer did a great job, water is super clear, pics below - BUT I have to manually turn on & off pump every day by pressing button # 4. I have read the JEP-R manual multiple times and cannot get it right. I have set the clock time correctly.
Can anyone help me with the programming steps required to schedule filter run time? I believe it is on page 17 of the JEP-R manual rev J, under run duration. But I can not do it correctly.
Currently I am using 3010 rpm for 12 hours per day. I manually depress button # 4 to turn on & then again to turn on, 10am & 10pm. HELP..
Another basic question is 3010rpm for 12 hours a day correct or the wrong speed or wrong duration? Water is clear, but perhaps I can reduce rpm or duration?
I leave for a vacation and need to figure it out. I have watched some videos but sill cant correctly press the correct sequence of buttons. I have emailed Jandy support & waiting.
Thanks,
JC

Attachments

• TFP 1.jpg
    TFP 1.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 11
  • TFP2.jpg
    TFP2.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 8
  • TFP3.jpg
    TFP3.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 11
  • TFP4.jpg
    TFP4.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 13
From the manual on bottom of page 12, I think this is what you need to do. From Section 3.7
The little rectangles should be stars in the text below, cut and paste had a problem.

Start the desired speed, "" or "2".
Press MENU. The controller enters the Timeclock setup mode.
Using the arrow keys, select ON TIME and press MENU.
Set the desired pump turn-on time using the arrow keys and press MENU. The time is stored.
Select OFF TIME using the arrow keys and press MENU.
Set the desired pump turn-off time using the arrow keys and press MENU. The time is stored.
Using the arrow keys, select TIMECLOCK. Select ENABLE using the arrow keys. The program is now enabled to run.
Press the speed button ("" or "2") to return to the RUN mode.

When the pump is stopped, the associated green LED will illuminate, indicating a timeclock program is enabled for that speed.
If the pump has been turned on by the timeclock, the red LED will illuminate and a timeclock icon will show in the lower left hand corner of the display

Found manual here

Run duration is for manual mode, not for a clock timer.

Randy - Thank you for the support, I will try today. Maybe its me, I love the Jandy hardware but think the JEPO-R user interface/programming steps are not friendly....

Good luck.
For speeds, 3000rpm seems high. I run my filter at 1200rpm for 12 hours, but its covered and every pool is different.
I see recommendations to run it for a couple hours at a higher speed to let your skimmer clean the surface, and then run it the rest of the time at as slower speed.
Slower will save energy and money.
But I'd get the timer part working first before worrying about speeds.

Randy

Randy,

Looking good so far, I followed the timeclock setup & operation - section 3.7 as you suggested and programming went smooth - red light showing together with timeclock icon.... I felt not so smart...Post programming pic below. Amazing when your following the correct steps in the manual. It forces me to operate the motor at 2,180 rpm #2 (or slower) so I'll get a chance to check out a slower speed than 3,010 Fun pic below - The moments of truth are 10pm tonight - On Time & 10am tomorrow - Off time. Thank you very much!!!

JC

Attachments

• TFP 5.jpg
    TFP 5.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Pool Volleyball & BB.jpg
    Pool Volleyball & BB.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 5
Cool, glad it worked out for you. At least you can go on vacation now and know the pump will be running.

What speed does the star button do? Manual says you can't change the star speed, installer has to. Likely there is some special code you need to change that star speed.

You can change the #2 speed using section 3.6 in the manual, looks straightforward.

Other thing I forgot to mention related to speeds is the pump needs to run fast enough for your SWG to work. 2180 rpm should be fast enough, guess you'll see at 10 pm :)

Randy

Off Topic : I have the same volleyball set (over a year now) and I have been VERY happy with it. Even with adults playing hard, it has really held up well and provides great tightness without having to modify the decking.

Very handsome dog! Irish setter?? True on the strong quality of this pool volleyball set, this is our 3rd Summer with it and its like new & both kids and adults play - blows away all previous ones that were garbage in 1-2 years. The pool basketball in the pic is nearly 20 years old, the net dies every 2-3 years and the company sends a new one free - for life. Scout is our pool mascot! Scout Pool.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.