Jandy iaqualink water temp reading 10 degrees high

poolman112

In The Industry
Nov 4, 2021
fl
I have replaced my sensor twice, and am seeing the same results. Sometimes, randomly, my spa temp reading will show 104 when the actual measured water temp is 94.

Happens with multiple sensors.

Is it possible that this phenomenon is tied to sun or heat exposure? If so- what should i shield or ventilate to keep it consistent? It seems like during the hottest, sunniest part of the day this happens. At night it has accurate temp readings.

Located SW florida

Is the filter pump running when you get the incorrect water temperature.

Show us pics of your equipment pad showing where the water temperature sensor is placed.

Go to MENU>SYSTEM SETUP>TEMP CALIBRATE. This should allow you to calibrate +/- 4 degrees.

You can see it here on the band clamp.

I have also tried a sensor on the other side of the filter, dropped into the tablet feeder water. Same issue

Yes, the 4 degrees offset is not enough. I am still way way low. Not sure what else could be causing this besides maybe a bad board.

Ive swapped sensors, ordered new sensors, checked the ohm chart, tried different placement of the sensors...etc.

20231011_081856.jpg

What are you using to determine the actual temperature of your spa water?

You say you checked the ohms against the chart. What explain how you did the test?

If you heat a pot of water to 100F measuring with a cooking thermometer and remove the water sensor from the band clamp and put it in the pot what temperature is shown on the Aqualink? Put the other sensor you have in the pipe to plug the hole so you can run your pump to get the Aqualink temperature,

What is your pump speed schedule?