Lccobol

Jun 2, 2019
SW Fl
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have been in my house for 13 years. I have never educated myself on the functions of the pool system. We have changed pumps, filters and added a heater. This said, I have never touched the jandys. I have no idea of what they do, how or why. They just run.
So, I had a pool company out to estimate service a few days ago. He labeled and moved the valves. I have been trying to figure out where they were before.
I just want the pool back to where it was (running without any problems or question of where the water is going!)
Can someone tell me where these valves should be positioned to just run the pool, keep the spa flowing into the pool, not empty the spa. Kind of like no thought pool.

Attachments

• IMG_3393.JPG
    IMG_3393.JPG
    558.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_3394.JPG
    IMG_3394.JPG
    536.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3395.JPG
    IMG_3395.JPG
    571.8 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_3396.JPG
    IMG_3396.JPG
    548.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_3397.JPG
    IMG_3397.JPG
    640 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3398.JPG
    IMG_3398.JPG
    717.1 KB · Views: 20
Forgot to mention, while trying to figure out which the valves were, the spa emptied into the pool. I turned something some way and it is full for now.

Any body?
I turned the heater on and the spa emptied again. I have no idea of how the valves work.
I have read some of the threads but none seemed similar set up to me.
I also have a filter full of ants every week and air in the system (I think) Lots of bubbles and air in the filter.

Welcome to TFP! :wave:
Sorry you haven't yet received any answers.

To figure this out, you can only change one valve at a time.
Please post a few more pics showing the entire equipment pad from different angles and we can go from there.

If ever there was a candidate for a re-plumb, it is your system. There is no sure way to tell from pictures where the valves "should" be.
If the spa is draining, one of those suction-side valves in front of the pump (likely the one directly in line) is in the "spa" position, pulling water exclusively from the spa, while the "return" valve, which appears to be below the air blower, is sending water to the pool as well as the spa. This will cause the spa to drain. You will have to experiment. You have to turn a valve and see what happens. The handles on those valves indicate which port is open, where the water is coming from (in front of the pump) or going to (after the filter, etc.).
The valve in front of the pump appears to be in the "spa" position. The handle should only swing in an arc toward the pump. Move it to the opposite side and that should be the normal "pool" position. If so, if the pump is running at a higher speed, you should see water moving in the skimmer. Likely the other valve, to the right as you face the pump, is for the main drain, or perhaps a pool cleaner port in the pool. Turn the valve below the blower and see what happens. When it is fully one way you should see action in the spa.
Once you find the "normal" pool setting, label the pipes and take another picture. The valve below the blower, if it is the return valve, is fine the way it is or can be set so that more flow goes to the pool but the spa overflows some when the filter is running.

:D
Thank You!
If ever there was a candidate for a re-plumb, it is your system. There is no sure way to tell from pictures where the valves "should" be.
If the spa is draining, one of those suction-side valves in front of the pump (likely the one directly in line) is in the "spa" position, pulling water exclusively from the spa, while the "return" valve, which appears to be below the air blower, is sending water to the pool as well as the spa. This will cause the spa to drain. You will have to experiment. You have to turn a valve and see what happens. The handles on those valves indicate which port is open, where the water is coming from (in front of the pump) or going to (after the filter, etc.).
The valve in front of the pump appears to be in the "spa" position. The handle should only swing in an arc toward the pump. Move it to the opposite side and that should be the normal "pool" position. If so, if the pump is running at a higher speed, you should see water moving in the skimmer. Likely the other valve, to the right as you face the pump, is for the main drain, or perhaps a pool cleaner port in the pool. Turn the valve below the blower and see what happens. When it is fully one way you should see action in the spa.
Once you find the "normal" pool setting, label the pipes and take another picture. The valve below the blower, if it is the return valve, is fine the way it is or can be set so that more flow goes to the pool but the spa overflows some when the filter is running.

Attachments

• IMG_3437.JPG
    IMG_3437.JPG
    609.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3435.JPG
    IMG_3435.JPG
    594.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3434.JPG
    IMG_3434.JPG
    479.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3432.JPG
    IMG_3432.JPG
    580.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3431.JPG
    IMG_3431.JPG
    542.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3430.JPG
    IMG_3430.JPG
    651 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3438.JPG
    IMG_3438.JPG
    662.8 KB · Views: 4
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.