Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Edge-40
Hello!

We recently had a Jandy JXI400 installed a few weeks ago. We are using iAqualink for automation to control it. When it was first installed it wouldn’t work when turned on in the app. Pool company came out and changed a setting and it worked great. Now it’s doing the same thing again! When turned on the heater will make a noise like it diverted water/valve movement but that’s it. Fan doesn’t turn on… nothing. I have a call in again to the pool company but wanting to use the pool tomorrow. Any ideas?

When you select heater are you prompted to enter your desired temperature? The sound you hear is the bypass opening, provided there is enough flow the heater will begin it's cycle/ignition phase. If there is not enough flow it will never begin the ignition sequence. What is your program set to for pool heat (i.e. what speed does your pump operate at)?

When you select heater are you prompted to enter your desired temperature? The sound you hear is the bypass opening, provided there is enough flow the heater will begin it's cycle/ignition phase. If there is not enough flow it will never begin the ignition sequence.
No. I select temp A which is preset to 90 degrees. When selecting temp A the pump rpm’s increase to 2,250 and here the bypass open but it never begins the ignition phase.

This is exactly what it did when we first got it and when the pool tech came out, he did something and it worked for a few weeks. And now it’s doing the same thing again.

Glad you got it working, seems it was a flow issue possibly. I have all Jandy equipment and my JXi heater is connected to the panel via firemans switch, not RS485 which is why you don't see "Remote TSAT" so apologies for any confusion above.

If you have the JXi 400K BTU heater you need at least 40 gpm to active the flow switch for ignition to take place. If this happens again you should see a message on the JXi heater display "No Flow"

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.