mfifield01

May 11, 2022
Bee Cave, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Has anyone setup a Jandy Heat Pump and Gas Heater on the AqualinkRS? How does it function? I'd like to use the Heat Pump in the summer to heat the Spa, then switch over to a combination in the winter. I'm curious on the Heat Pump priority, but haven't found much information.

In case anyone else wants to do this setup, I thought I'd post on how it is working now (only turned it on once). To start, I have a Jandy Heat Pump and Jandy Propane heater with Aqualink RS4. Here's how it works:
  1. Connect both heaters in parallel.
  2. You set a specific temperature on the actual unit (ex. 90 on gas heater and 103 on heat pump). This only needs to be done in the beginning (not every time).
  3. You set (or already set) the temperature in the iAqualink app (set at 103).
  4. Any time you turn heat on in the iAqualink app, it turns both heaters on (Heat pump has a longer delay).
  5. Both units kick in and start to heat.
  6. In this case, the gas heater will shut it self off at 90. The heat pump will continue to heat until the iAqualink set temp (103).
This scenario is with the spa. I haven't tested this on pool heating yet. I assume, I'll just turn the gas heater to a lower setting. I don't think I'll need it very often.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.