flpoolmom

Aug 8, 2010
Tampa, Fl
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
When it rains, it pours (especially in Florida!). Having just gone from green to blue 6 weeks ago, replaced my SWG 3 weeks ago, I really didn't need to find a crack in my CS200 lower housing (and of course on Sunday). My son suggested using epoxy/JB-Weld to fill in the crack but even if it works, I am sure it won't last and am more worried about the housing coming apart completely from the pressure. I don't like explosions and actually cringe each time I clean the filter and fire it all back up again. We have not looked inside to see if the crack is larger inside.

The unit is 10 years old and fiberglass (assume so as for the past few years my skin has reacted after I open/close the tank).

Questions:
1. Does Jandy still make the CS filter line? I have found replacement bottom housings online but can't find the filter itself. I know Jandy was bought by another company (Zodiac?) I am not sure we can install the new one ourselves but if I pay for an install, I would rather not have to pay more to replumb/move pvc piping around.
2. If they are discontinued, any suggestions?
3. I have a call into the pool company and expect they will recommend a replacement and it will take several weeks from order to installation. How can I prevent another green pool while I wait? How dangerous is it to run with the small leak? To run with epoxy? How do I prevent algae with the pump not running (since I think I know the answer to running with the leak :) )

20200614_151949.jpg20200614_152013.jpg

With your pump not running pour 3-5 ppm of liquid chlorine into the pool daily and mix it with your pool brush. That will keep your water clear.

Your filter is not safe structurally. Epoxy does not fix the structural problems. You should not pressurize a filter with a crack.

Reactions: flpoolmom
Thoughts on a Jandy CS200 (like for like replacement and 2 year warranty) filter vs a Hayward C200S Swimclear (3 year warranty)? The pool equipment service company I use has both in stock.

Your last one lasted 10 years. A 2 year versus 3 year warranty makes little difference.

They are both the same. Ask what the difference is in cartridge prices.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.