Bronze Supporter
Jul 12, 2021
Longview, Tx
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
The panel inside the box is dead. By panel I refer to the pad inside the electrical box where you control service mode, salinity reading, etc, etc. There's a fuse inside there that keeps getting cooked. PB replaced the whole control panel and still blowing the fuse. They are contacting Jandy now to troubleshoot. One odd thing was I came home to find an empty SPA because whatever happened caused the actuator on the SPA side to open and let all the SPA water into the pool which overflowed it and I lost all that water. The service guy had no explanation for the actuator moving

Get a bunch of fuses..

Disconnect all the relays and actuators from the control board.

Connect each one at a time and see which one is blowing the fuse.

Start with the actuator to the spa that did strange things.

By a process of elimination you can identify which relay or more likely actuator is shorting and blowing the fuse.

Get a bunch of fuses..

Disconnect all the relays and actuators from the control board.

Connect each one at a time and see which one is blowing the fuse.

Start with the actuator to the spa that did strange things.

By a process of elimination you can identify which relay or more likely actuator is shorting and blowing the fuse.
you sound like a man who knows his stuff on this one. From what I could hear them saying that's exactly what they are going to do. It's under warranty so I'm sitting back and letting them handle it. Whoever was on the other end of the phone did say look at the actuator first

It is usually a frayed wire on an actuator shorting blowing the fuse. The wires from the panel to the actuator run along the pool pad unprotected.

Exactly what it ended up being. Bad actuator. When they put everyrhing back together they didn’t program my remote to the new panel so I’m running it manually from the box until they come back. Weird thing is I just put it in auto it kicks on my blowers for the spa and I can’t shut them off even if I press AUX. so, I run it in Seevice mode but press Filter Pump and it run how I want. Can I be running the pump in service mode? I thought service mode shut everything off

Attachments

• BEF25998-DCD2-4F31-83E3-D4B2040E7585.jpeg
    BEF25998-DCD2-4F31-83E3-D4B2040E7585.jpeg
    283 KB · Views: 1
You can manually turn on the filter/pump and AUX circuits while in SERVICE mode.

What remote do you have?

Are you sure you have a PDA based setup? By PDA based meaning it is programmed with the PDA. Are you able to access your system via phone app or with your computer web browser? Does it say, "Aqualink RS" anywhere? There is a small board on the main board (see below). If you are able to access yours, what does it say?

20180702_143530 (1).jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Are you sure you have a PDA based setup? By PDA based meaning it is programmed with the PDA. Are you able to access your system via phone app or with your computer web browser? Does it say, "Aqualink RS" anywhere? There is a small board on the main board (see below). If you are able to access yours, what does it say?

View attachment 390659
I’m not sure. I thought it was based on what someone told me. It’s pouring out this morning so I’ll try to go out and look later.

View attachment 390659

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.