New York
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
Hello. My pressure gauge stopped working last year and I'm going to replace it. I assume I need to buy the same Jandy gauge right? Does anyone know if there is a less expensive alternative? The Jandy one is ~$50. I don't think a standard gauge will fit the opening.

Will the gauge unscrew from the air relief assembly?
If so, it's probably a standard thread and you should consider replacing with a 0-30 psi gauge. TFTestkits sells a glycerin dampened 0-30 psi gauge - one with bottom mount and one with rear mount.

Post a pic of your gauge.

The ones I have seen are a proprietary Jandy combination gauge and air relief valve which is how they get away with the price.

Can you post a pic with the angle from the back of the gauge where gauge attaches to valve?
I wonder if the thread into the filter is proprietary - probably is.

Can you post a pic with the angle from the back of the gauge where gauge attaches to valve?
I wonder if the thread into the filter is proprietary - probably is.
The problem is it is not just a gauge. It is also the air relief valve. So you can’t just thread a gauge in.

Reactions: proavia
Here is a possible option....

Full disclosure - no idea if this is a direct replacement or not. But it is from Amazon - if you get it, compare to original threads first (instead of threading into filter). If it's not compatible, return it.

It does appear to have a standard gauge mounted to it.

The problem is it is not just a gauge. It is also the air relief valve. So you can’t just thread a gauge in.
That's what I was thinking too. I'll just order the Jandy. Looks like the hole in the top of the filter is too large just for the standard gauge too. Thanks!

Here is a possible option....

Full disclosure - no idea if this is a direct replacement or not. But it is from Amazon - if you get it, compare to original threads first (instead of threading into filter). If it's not compatible, return it.

It does appear to have a standard gauge mounted to it.
Thank you. I found a replacement that is just like the original at about the same price as what you linked to. I tried to get mine apart for a picture of the back but it didn't seem easy without breaking it and looks like the hole in the filter housing is going to be too large for a generic gauge. I'll go with the expensive replacement. My wife will be happy it's like the original, haha.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thank you. I found a replacement that is just like the original at about the same price as what you linked to. I tried to get mine apart for a picture of the back but it didn't seem easy without breaking it and looks like the hole in the filter housing is going to be too large for a generic gauge. I'll go with the expensive replacement. My wife will be happy it's like the original, haha.
Which one did you end up getting? How did it work out? I am in the same situation right now.

Which one did you end up getting? How did it work out? I am in the same situation right now.
I bought the Swimables R0357200 from Amazon. It was $40. It was fine all of last summer as well as this season so I'd recommend it. It looks like the name brand one is $70. not worth it imo.

1558761618195436143.jpg

2752781618195788378.jpg

8618501618196314588.jpg

Reactions: Nectarologist
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.