Jandy Aquapure SWG

troy9173

Feb 2, 2021
Indian Land, SC
My salt reading on the display says 3.2gpl. I have tested with Taylor kit and the reading is 2600ppm. I also had it tested at Leslie's and it was 2628ppm. My pool is new as of June and Anthony Syvlan Pools says I should go by the display reading and nothing is wrong with my display reading. Do the manual tests matter? It appears I should add salt but AS says no.

The manual salt test matters more if the manual test salt is greater then the SWG readout.

Salt tests can vary by +/- 500 ppm so really you are within the margin of error.

If the SWG is happy and generating chlorine you are good right now.

Reactions: PoolGate
Same SWG and builder here. My display was also reading higher than the K-1766 test. PM said to go by the display, but it was clear he didn't know much about the SWG. He started putting salt in the deep end and it was harder to brush it in. In the paperwork he handed me, Line 1 said to dump salt in the SHALLOW end to be able to brush and mix it in.

The Aquapure can be calibrated for salt level. I would have 2-3 different salt tests on the same sample(K-1766, 2 different pool stores) to be sure of the level. Then the SWG can be calibrated like this if you want the display more accurate....
Press the “Salinity” button and hold it until it beeps 3 times.

The system will beep when you push it and then at 5 seconds and again at 10 seconds.

Release the button after the 3rd beep. Press and release the “Temperature “ button within 5 seconds to enter the salinity calibration screen.

The system will display the salinity reading, press the up arrow to increase the reading and the down arrow to decrease the reading.

When the proper reading is reached press the “Temperature” button within 5 seconds to store it in memory.
I calibrated mine and it has been pretty good since. Maybe a little higher on the display than the K-1766, but way closer.

Reactions: HermanTX
I have never once "brushed the salt in". Dump it (turn off the SWCG) and leave it - 24 hours later it will be dissolved.

My SWCG also reads higher than my Taylor kit. Right around 400 as well. I am generating chlorine which is what matters.

I have never once "brushed the salt in".
You really should brush it in.

Letting it sit on the plaster is not good for the plaster.

Also, salt can sit for days on the bottom if there is no main drain or any sort of physical action to mix the salt in.

Even if you have the pump on continuously with the skimmers and wall returns, the salt can still sit on the bottom for several days in a dense layer even if it does dissolve.

You really should brush it in.

Letting it sit on the plaster is not good for the plaster.

Also, salt can sit for days on the bottom if there is no main drain or any sort of physical action to mix the salt in.

Even if you have the pump on continuously with the skimmers and wall returns, the salt can still sit on the bottom for several days in a dense layer even if it does dissolve.

Right - My pool has bottom drains as well as 3 bottom returns. I put these on full blast when I add salt. What does salt do to the plaster? I have always just dumped it and left it sit. Within no more than usually 8-10 hours it is dissolved. I can tell since my SWCG still shows salinity and I monitor it go way up when I first add it and then gradually reduce down to where it should be over the next few hours.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.