Jandy Aquapure PLC1400 in Winter?

unc99

Apr 11, 2019
SC
Hi, I have a saltwater pool in the Carolinas, and this weekend I turned the aquapure to 0% and added some floating chlorine tablets (looks like our days of 60 degree plus weather are now over). The pool runs all year, but was wondering if I need to do anything other than just turn the aquapure off. Should I remove the Aquapure for the winter? I've seen some "dummy" pipes to take the place of salt chlorinators, but they are all designed for other brands. Any thoughts appreciated--thanks

Just bought a house w/ pool and the same SWG. Apparently the previous owners ran it all year doing what you are: SWG @ 0% and a chorine tab in a floater. The cell is working fine.

Why do you do this in the winter? I live farther south and my friends with SWG seem to run them all year. Is this a thing that when it gets too cold the SWG does not work? Friend's house yesterday pool was 40 degrees but he ran the hot tub.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.