Jandy Aquapure PLC1400 End of Life or Can I Make it Last Longer?

The pool did get a little cloudy and smelled a little 'off', but no algae growth.

CC was pretty high initially, (can't remember exactly but I think 3-4ppm, when the highest I've ever had before is 0.5ppm) and FC was low at 0.5ppm.
You might have gotten some ammonia if bacteria ate the CYA during the time the FC was 0.

So, you might have chlorine loss due to algae, Ascorbic acid breaking down, ammonia, sunlight etc.

Maintain SLAM to completion.

Run the pump 24/7 and the cell at 100%.

You might have gotten some algae.

Is the cell running at 100%?

Can you check the amperage going to the cell?

I have been turning off the cell at night so I could do the OCLT, otherwise it has been at 90%. I guess I can flip it on now since I know I will still have loss come tomorrow morning...

I don't have a clamp meter, but do have a decent multimeter. So I could try getting an inline reading of amps. I know the cell was making at least some CL as I was seeing 0.0FC in the pool and 2-3FC coming out of the returns prior to SLAM.

See this thread where they had an inline meter to get an amp reading and then they got a clamp ammeter to read the amps.

1599683273052-png.161800

1599857373500-png.162137

I would get a clamp ammeter that can read DC amps.

Reactions: wakerider017
Also I think I am getting close to the end of my SLAM. CL usage dropped off like a rock like Tue/Wed this week. Went from consuming a few gallons to a few quarts to a few pints in a day. All in I've used about 23 gallons of liquid chlorine so far.

OCLT this morning showed FC dropped 2.0ppm (from 28.5 to 26.5) - so close to that magical 1.0ppm drop. Hoping to finish this up soon so we can get some pool time in! It has been brutal looking at this refreshing crystal clear pool all week and not being able to use it with the stupid heat we've had in FL. Speaking of which, I definitely think the pool has a sparkle I have not seen in a long time.

Reactions: JamesW
The amperage looks good.

You should test the voltage under load.

With the cell under full load you should read 22 to 28 volts DC.

I would make two jumpers to go between the spade connectors with a bare spot on the wires to test voltage.

You need some stranded wire, (2) 1/4” female spade connectors and (2) 1/4” male spade connectors.

Disconnect the connection and insert the jumpers.

Connect the meter leads to the bare spots and then check voltage to the cell when the cell comes on.

Be careful to not allow the bare spots to make contact with anything.

1695471170879.png

1695470939920.png
1695471306080.png1695471330776.png

Last edited:
Reactions: wakerider017
You can also check the amperage for the forward and reverse direction to see if they are the same +/- about 0.2 amps.

If they are different by a lot, then that indicates a defective cell, cord or power supply.

When the cell is producing in the Forward direction, it will say "Cell On" (1).

When the cell is producing in the Reverse direction, it will say "Cell On" and "Cell Reversing" (2).

If there is a problem, like low amps, the "Service" light (3) will come on.

1695472435372.png

1695472757924.png

1695473663148.png

Attachments

• jandy-aqua-pure-error-codes (1).pdf
    2.9 MB · Views: 1
It has been brutal looking at this refreshing crystal clear pool all week and not being able to use it with the stupid heat we've had in FL
No reason to not use the pool. FC level between minimum and SLAM level is safe to swim in.

I passed my OCLT this morning! Woohoo! Have my pump running 9AM-6PM and cell at 70%. Hoping to have FC PPM fall to 5-6 and be able to be maintained now.. Fingers crossed!

@JamesW here are my voltage numbers while testing under load. Just over 29V.
IMG_2881.jpg

IMG_2884.jpg

And here is the cell reversing current readings:
IMG_2882.jpg
IMG_2883.jpg

Reactions: JamesW

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.