Jandy aquapure 1400 producing intermittently

seagullkegal

In The Industry
Jun 7, 2022
New york
roughly 30k gallon plaster pool. Few weeks ago i found a green water line from about half way down walls and most of floor covered, looks like algae but doesn't brush away. Pool had a FC level about 1.5, with auto cover on almost all week and aquapure set for 35%.
I bumped up production to 50% and added a metal sequesterant to address possible metal staining if thats what the green was. i returned to this pool two weeks later with same green stains, and now a 0 CL reading from taylor test kit.

Ive since changed the pump program to run 24/7, tested aquapure at 100% at returns which gives out a reading albeit a low reading of cl being introduced. In the past this pool CL would be through the roof even at 10% since its covered almost all week long so im confused as to whats changed. The cell is roughly 2 years old and has minimal scale on the prongs, that cleans off real easy. No codes at display. Flow is good. Checked volts at prongs with DC attached and reads 31vdc. I noticed while troubleshooting that the cell was in reverse mode, was thinking it could have gotten stuck so i unplugged everything from the power board and it put itself back to Cell on.

The weirdest part is almost the exact same problem happened with this pool in 2020, had every tech in our company troubleshooting it but nothing changed. But last years season it worked flawlessly. Too well even where we kept it around 5% for most of the time.

the pool sits around 90F so i imagine its using chlorine often but with the autocover i cant imagine it would be so low. CYA is low as well, but we've tried keeping it in range and it made little to no difference for the CL level. Im not sure whats different from last year and this year but its the same cell with no equipment changes.
Not sure what else to try so any help appreciated!

Have you tried manually adding chlorine to see if the pool holds chlorine? I suggest adding chlorine and doing an overnight chlorine loss test.

In the middle of a very similar situation… appears to only produce Chlorine only when cell says ‘on’ which doesn’t happen often.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.