Jandy Aquapure 1400 Error 120

To the OP, you might want to keep the old cell as a placeholder in case you need it for any reason.

If not, maybe consider cutting it open to investigate the failure and sharing the photos with everyone.

Ok, I don't know if the amperage is a single number or if it is relative to the salinity.

I agree that the cell is basically gone.

You might be able to get a few more weeks by raising the salinity, but it might not help at all.

Do you know for sure what the actual salinity is?

What does the box say for salinity?
Box says salinity is 3000-3200 depending on the time of day and temp. Validated with external test kit at ~3100.

Reactions: JamesW
I am going to make a video of my cell being taken apart start to finish maybe this weekend. It should help people to understand what happens in a cell.
That would be great. I re-inspected the cell yesterday and it looks like the center terminal may be going out. There is some sort of insulator / shrink wrap material on it that looks like it's seen better days (photo below). Power washed the cell using the hose again and put it back into service for now. No 120's since yesterday, but I'm guessing that won't last long.

PLC1400.jpg

That would be great. I re-inspected the cell yesterday and it looks like the center terminal may be going out. There is some sort of insulator / shrink wrap material on it that looks like it's seen better days (photo below). Power washed the cell using the hose again and put it back into service for now. No 120's since yesterday, but I'm guessing that won't last long.
Oh - I already took it apart last year after I had the same issue as you and got a new one under warranty no charge. Below is what I found when I took it apart.

This is the center plate and electrode. It was burned totally through. Note how the shorter piece goes into the longer piece. This is why I said you will not be able to tell it is corroded by feel.

Note on the last pic it looked perfectly fine right up until I took it apart.

Your cell is toast. Order a new one!

1625348695352.png
1625348755480.png
1625348769468.png
1625348793595.png

Reactions: JamesW
Also - if it makes you feel any better, I was also in denial that the cell was gone. But I did the same steps you did and came to the conclusion. Difference with me is mine was still under warranty. I still suggest you call Jandy as they may replace it for free anyway.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.