Jandy Aqualink RS4 (PDA version) - intermittently resetting. BP Engineering recommendations?

ladsjohn

Bronze Supporter
Mar 2, 2012
San Diego, CA
Hi,
My Aqualink RS4 randomly powers off. Sometimes resetting the breaker brings it back to life, sometimes not.
When it does come back it sometimes retains the programming but always forgets date/time etc.

Equipment is about 12 years old. I've replaced the power distribution board previously for another issue.
I did see another recent thread with similar symptoms where the recommendation was to upgrade to the iAqualink 3.0 IQ30-RS.
I'm comfortable installing that but not so excited about the $1300 bill for the equipment.

I did see that BP Engineering (apparently an ex-Jandy employee who designed some of these boards) can repair the boards. Has anyone had any success with this approach. I'd be curious to know what symptoms you had before the repair and how happy you were with the results.

Also would welcome any other opinions, bad jokes or pizza dough recipes.

Forgetting the date and time when powered off is normal if you don’t have a good 9V square battery installed in the lower right below the board.

BP Engineering website has been down and they may not be around any longer to fix boards.

Just to loop back on this. I did send my board out to Bob at BP Engineering. With a swift turnaround from Bob the refreshed board is installed and happy. Everything is looking good so far. I've no doubt I will need to upgrade the equipment at some point in the future but so long as I can I'm going to keep running with the horrible PDA.
Thanks for all the support as always!

Just to loop back on this. I did send my board out to Bob at BP Engineering. With a swift turnaround from Bob the refreshed board is installed and happy. Everything is looking good so far. I've no doubt I will need to upgrade the equipment at some point in the future but so long as I can I'm going to keep running with the horrible PDA.
Thanks for all the support as always!

That is great to hear.

What website is he using?

What is the best contact information for him?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.