Jandy Aqualink RS with one touch panel

Acevedo2022

Mar 19, 2022
I have a pool/spa that is controlled by a Jandy Aqualink RS, recently the pool started running continuously not adhering to the set schedule. The inside panel has power but not working when attempting to turn off the pump. I also noticed that at the outside control panel, when put in to service mode it does not stop the system either. After review of previous threads I checked to see if I heard the clicking sound when switching on the filter pump at the box while in service mode and I did here the relay. Cleaner and air-blower works when selecting. Any ideas on what it could be, bad board, loose wire or bad circuit somewhere?

Thanks,
Sean

First guess would be that the relay has failed, likely welded closed. If you are comfortable with electrical stuff you can try disconnecting the pump relay from the PCB and see if the pump still runs. Or if you have a Multimeter you can check the voltage on that connector, it should be 0 went the pump is supposed to be off and ~24V DC when the pump is on.

First guess would be that the relay has failed, likely welded closed. If you are comfortable with electrical stuff you can try disconnecting the pump relay from the PCB and see if the pump still runs. Or if you have a Multimeter you can check the voltage on that connector, it should be 0 went the pump is supposed to be off and ~24V DC when the pump is on.
Thanks! After further research I pulled off the panel and watched the relay to see if the pin on the bottom of the relay responded the way it should have. It seems to be stuck in the on position (up) regardless of power and or setting. I ordered and will replace the relay to see what happens tomorrow. I had a pool repair person tell me without looking at it that it was the board gone bad and I needed an 1500.00 upgrade to the IQ30 to resolve.

Are all of your relays being used?

Post a pic of your Aqualink open showing the relays and board connections.

Reactions: PoolGate
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.