Jandy Aqua Pure Transformer gets really hot - Wonder if it is causing my issue

skylar18

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 8, 2013
Austin, Texas
I had my pool built 9 years ago, I was a pretty frequent member of this forum and really have had very few issues with my pool except for some sensors or a light or two that I could replace. About 6 weeks ago 3 of the breakers in my pool sub panel blew. One that the pump and Polaris is on, one that the heater and blower was on, and the one for the lights. All 3 are GFCI breakers. I have 2 other breakers in the panel for electrical to an outdoor kitchen area and other external outlets but not connected to anything with the pool.

My pump was 9 years old and was really running inefficiently so I need to replace that anyway so I called a pool repair company to troubleshoot and replace the pump. (First time ever after my warranty ended I had to call a repair company, I know I have been very lucky, and they had me replace all of the breakers which I did. The breakers seemed a bit squishy to me.

The pump breaker kept tripping with the new pump, and they had me replace the breaker with a 30 amp breaker instead of the original 20. That breaker haven't tripped again. However the 2 other breakers trip at completely random times, (not together) even when the heater and blower and lights aren't even on.

Pool repair company has come out 6-7 times and can't figure it out.

I called a master electrician who literally checked every single piece of equipment, every connection, and the current going into and out of the sub panel and said everything is perfect.

My question is I have noticed the Transformer gets really hot, not warm. Does anyone know if it is supposed to radiate any heat?

Thanks!

I used to have all my info on my profile but it looks like this website has changed. I will post this and if my info doesn't come up I will add it back!

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.