Jandy Aqua pure SWG

propjetprop

Gold Supporter
Jan 5, 2018
Douglasville Georgia
New build, and am scheduled to have this product installed on a 35,000 gallon pool.

I have never owned a pool, and am learning as much as I can.

Any opinions or experience with this product before they install it?

https://www.jandy.com/en/products/water-sanitizers/aquapure

Thank you...

PS. Here are the other parts being installed:

Jandy 460 Cartridge Filter
Jandy 2.2HP Variable Speed Pump
Jandy Aqua Pure Integrated Salt System
Jandy LED White Pool Lights
Jandy PS4 Pool Control with iAqualink System

I'd be concerned that the PLC1400 is probably not big enough for your pool. The folks here on TFP always recommend at least 2x capacity. You will have to run it at almost 100% setting 24/7.

Also, you may want to talk to your PB about a backup to the iAqualink. It relies on the cloud for communicating to your pool equipment, so when it (Zodiac/Jandy servers) goes down, as it has multiple times in the last few weeks, your ability to program and control your pool is limited to the service panel.

pjp,

Assuming you are getting the 40K size unit, it will produce 1.25 lbs of chlorine gas per day when run at 100% output. In a 35K pool this will increase your FC (chlorine) by about 4.3 ppm..

Most pools use 2 to 4 ppm of FC per day. Assuming your pool uses 3 ppm of FC per day, you will have to run your pump for 16 hours a day and with cell at 100% output to maintain your FC level.. If your pool uses more than 3 ppm of FC per day, then you will need to increase your run time as the cell is already at 100%...

This is why we always recommend installing a SWCG that is rate for at least 2 x the volume of your pool.. But, in your case you are between a rock and a hard place as Jandy does not make cells larger than 40K..

If there is any good news here, it is that with a VS pump your will be able to run your system 24/7 (if you wanted) for very little electrical costs... Somewhere around $20 a month at low rpms.

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess the bottom line is that it will work, but you may need to add a little liquid chlorine in the middle of the summer, just to make sure that the FC stays at the right level...

I can run my Jandy 3hp VSP pump at 600 rpms which is just enough to allow my SWCG to activate. At 600 rpms the pump uses only 20 watts of power! So definitely get a VSP!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.