Jandy Actuator

Wendy007chick

Jun 23, 2019
Palm Beach Gardens
My husband and I just bought a house with a 13,000 gallon pool. We have no idea how to take care of it. I just replaced the filter and am trying to find out why the Jandy Actuator is making a sucking noise when I have the knob turned towards the middle. I was told at Pinch-a-penny that I could turn the knob one way for the skimmer and one way for the bottom drain. When it is in the middle it should operate both drains. It makes a much different sound when it is in the middle than on either of the two sides. Is this normal or is it a problem? I don't want to burn the motor or something. Thanks for any insight or helpful videos.

Attachments

• 20190623_143608.jpg
    20190623_143608.jpg
    426.9 KB · Views: 13
Wendy,

Just so that we can all be on the same page, what you have is a Jandy Diverter valve... An actuator is an electric motor that mounts to the top of the Jandy valve and allows the valve to be moved by an automation system.. You have a manual valve...

As you noted, the valve you have allows you to suck water from the Skimmer or from the Main Drain or both...

In theory the valve should not be making any noise at all... I just want to make sure that you are not moving the "off" tab so that it points right at the pump.. (Right in your pic).. this will stop all water from flowing into the pump and should cause the pump to make noise.

I suggest that you set the handle of the valve to the 5 o'clock position in your pic.. This would put the off tab at about 11 o'clock.. This will allow you to have 90% of your water coming from the skimmer and about 10% coming from your main drain.

What kind of noise do you hear? Does the noise come from the valve?

Thanks,

Jim R.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.