birdman579

Dec 18, 2020
Maryland
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Has anyone used the large size Jandy diverter valves (4718/4719). I don’t see them mentioned anywhere. I have 3” piping and two 3hp pumps for my infinity edge and need new shutoff valves. One pump has an old Praher gate valve that leaks due to an old cracked gasket and the other has PVC ball valves that are difficult to turn. I want to replace with a good readily available pool valve that can be maintained with replacement parts if something breaks. The Jandy 4718 looks perfect, but I don’t see any mention of it in this or other online forums so I’m concerned that it’s an odd ball that will be discontinued at some point.

Also, how does anyone recommend transitioning from the 3” pipe to the 2” Whisperflo inlet? My options are:
1. Use the 4718 to step down from 3” to 2.5” then use a 2.5” to 2” spigot coupling. 2. Use 3” on either side of the valve and a separate 3” to 2” coupling.
3. Use a 3” to 2” coupling at the valve.

Thanks for the help! I realize there are many ways to do things, but I want to ensure I’m not forgetting maintenance and future repair. My Whisperflo has unions.

Attachments

• E31B5D36-2753-4BF1-AE58-A55A97A45268.jpeg
    E31B5D36-2753-4BF1-AE58-A55A97A45268.jpeg
    484.8 KB · Views: 10
Jandy NeverLubes (the ones you reference) are the #1 recommended valve on this forum.

The Neverlubes are 2 sizes. One on the inside of the pipe and one on the outside. If you need to transition more than this allows, I suggest a PVC bushing or adapter sleeve.

Jandy NeverLubes (the ones you reference) are the #1 recommended valve on this forum.

The Neverlubes are 2 sizes. One on the inside of the pipe and one on the outside. If you need to transition more than this allows, I suggest a PVC bushing or adapter sleeve.
Thanks for the reply. The large size has a different body than the standard 1-1/2” to 2” and 2” to 2-1/2” size so it’s a bit different. I think the large size is also somewhat newer. Just wanted to double check they are similar to the more standard sizes.

Thanks for the reply. The large size has a different body than the standard 1-1/2” to 2” and 2” to 2-1/2” size so it’s a bit different. I think the large size is also somewhat newer. Just wanted to double check they are similar to the more standard sizes.

Jandy lists them along with the smaller sizes. I would not worry at all about quality and support on any Jandy valve products.

I just started up my first pool a couple weeks ago. Im running two 3" jandy 3way and one 3" jandy 2way and they seem to work just fine so far.

As far as getting from 3" to 2" I like to use 3" to 2" reducer couplers that are socket by socket. I like these over a bunch of bushings, they will have smoother water flow. Just make sure you get the schedule 40 rated for pressure.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.