Illinois
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
It's hard to see in the video, but the pump is shaking a bit, and obviously it's a bit noisy.. is this just a motor going bad?
I did accidentally (sigh) have it running about 2 weeks ago for 10 minutes or so without the suction side flow opened. Not sure the noise started immediately after but, regardless, it's there now.

Suction side flow is open fully, and there's only like 3psi on the pressure side.

This your main filter pump?

What is the flow like out of the returns?

When the pump ran dry for 10 minutes how hot did the pump get?

Nope, it's just a pump that turns on my Slide (it send water about 20' up (elevation), and about 80' away, fills up the upper spa, which then overflows down the slide into the main pool.

The flow out of the slide is as good as it's always been.

When I ran it for 10 minutes dry, I didn't check to feel how hot it got unfortuantely. I just shut it down, opened the suction side valve, and turned the pump back on.

The pump has always been a little on the noisy side.

When it ran dry maybe the diffuser or impeller warped from heat.

Or maybe it is a bearing.

Unless you want to to dig into it, just run it until it dies. Could run noisy for a long time.

Sounds like a good plan. A Jandy repair tech lives about 5 minutes from me, I could ask him to take a look at it , but what you say sounds reasonable and likely, thanks!.

That could be true too because there's beenm a LOT of sawdust and wood chips in the pool recently since I took down 9 pine trees near the pool. Is it easy to clean the propeller?

Well, an easier fix that I thought. Cleaned out the pump basket. It looked cleaned through the lid, but when taking it out, nearly all the holes were plugged (likely from the tree removal an wood chips, etc. that happened last week). Once cleaned out, the pump doesn't shake and is really quiet again. Thanks to all for the tips, quick and easy fix on this one thankfully.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.