Jandy 100 sq ft CS Cartridge Filter - Locking Ring Issue

Hello! I've been a pool owner for roughly three years with minimal issues maintaining the pool myself. Today, ran across an unexpected issue. When I tried to access the housing for the filter, the locking ring came completely off and left the top housing behind! The top housing remained firmly in place and would not budge. Recommendations on solving this issue?

What filter do you have?

Does the filter have an air bleed valve on it? If so, open the air bleed to relieve any suction holding the two pieces of the filter housing together.

What filter do you have?

Does the filter have an air bleed valve on it? If so, open the air bleed to relieve any suction holding the two pieces of the filter housing together.
Hello! It is the Jandy CS100 Zodiac Cartridge Filter - https://www.jandy.com/-/media/zodia...5700.pdf?rev=ebddfb55044c49b1bd4c40fb56208ecb

I did release the air via the valve on top; I do this prior to cleaning the filter every time - still could not get the top housing to budge! Only the locking ring removed.

Continue to leave the bleed valve open to allow the entire filter to drain down.

The housing could be "stuck" and may need a bit of muscle to remove. Have you tried rotating the upper half while lifting?
Do NOT try to pry the two halves apart as you may damage the filter.

On a side note, I will never understand why Florida PBs use dinky little filters.

Continue to leave the bleed valve open to allow the entire filter to drain down.

The housing could be "stuck" and may need a bit of muscle to remove. Have you tried rotating the upper half while lifting?
Do NOT try to pry the two halves apart as you may damage the filter.

On a side note, I will never understand why Florida PBs use dinky little filters.
Thank you - I will give that a shot once I return home.

Reactions: proavia
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.