Jacuzzi (Carvin) SaniClear 20 Flow Sensor and Part Removal

gmike09

Bronze Supporter
Aug 10, 2016
Atlanta, Ga
Hello All

This week my flow sensor just went bad, and I will need to replace. Jacuzzi/Carvin doesn't seem to be a well sold brand here in the US. From what I can tell, it looks like Carvin/Jacuzzi is an rebranded version of the Hayward chlorinators and uses the same parts. Would any one happen to know if that is true as my flow sensor has the telephone jack? Also, while trying to unscrew the flow sensor, the top of sensor broke off and the sensor is stuck in the pipe. Would anyone know of any suggestions to getting the sensor out without having to cut the pipe?

Thanks!

Do you have a picture of everything?

What's the model number of the box from the front door?

What are the diagnostic readings?
I do have a picture of the inside door. On the system, it give product item number 88-0 and software revision level r8.80. I hope these pictures help. Thanks to you all.

Attachments

• 20190629_105744.jpg
    20190629_105744.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 20190629_105817.jpg
    20190629_105817.jpg
    273.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 20190629_105803.jpg
    20190629_105803.jpg
    416.3 KB · Views: 14
Looks like a knockoff of the Hayward Aquarite. Probably made in China by Ningbo C.F Electronic Tech Co.

So, I suspect that the flow sensor is the same.

Do you have a picture of the cell and flow sensor location?

If you press the little button, what are the readings?

Last edited:
Yes I do. See the attached. When pressing the button I get the below reading.

1. Pool temp 87
2. cell voltage 31.4
3. cell current 0.00
4. Output 100P (knob set to 100%)
5. Instant Salinity -0 (turned the system to off)
6. Product Item 88-0
7. R8.80

Attachments

• 20190629_115356.jpg
    20190629_115356.jpg
    379.5 KB · Views: 13
I think that the flow switch is the same. The threads should be standard 1/2" npt.

Just remove the cell to get the part that fell in.

Did the part fall in or is it stuck in the threads?

If it's stuck in the threads, do you have a close up picture?

Last edited:
I think that the flow switch is the same. The threads should be standard 1/2" npt.

Just remove the cell to get the part that fell in.

Did the part fall in or is it stuck in the threads?

If it's stuck in the threads, do you have a close up picture?
Would it be the same as the Haywards or from Nigbo? If it helps, it is definitely the one with the phone jack type end. Also, the part is stuck in the threads. :(

Attachments

• 20190629_122255.jpg
    20190629_122255.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 19
It's probably the same as the Hayward.

I would drill 2 small holes in the stuck piece about halfway between the center and outer edge and then use needle nose pliers in the holes to unscrew the part.

It's probably the same as the Hayward.

I would drill 2 small holes in the stuck piece about halfway between the center and outer edge and then use needle nose pliers in the holes to unscrew the part.
Thanks! I was thinking that the Hayward parts would work. I guess I'll be a guinea pig buy a part and see if it works. Also, I am going to try your suggestion as well with removing the flow switch. One last question, is there a guide with testing if the phone jack doesn't work?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If you connect the black and red wires, that should make the system show good flow. Only do this as a brief test. Don't leave it like that.

I think that the flow switch is the same.

The cell might be the same as a T-5 but I'm not sure. You don't have a setting for cell type, so you might have to use that size cell.

The system is similar to this:

So, Inyo will probably have compatible parts.

If you connect the black and red wires, that should make the system show good flow. Only do this as a brief test. Don't leave it like that.

The cell might be the same as a T-5 but I'm not sure. You don't have a setting for cell type, so you might have to use that size cell.

Thanks you so much!!!!

Just a followup, I bit the bullet and bought a Hayward flow switch. So far, the Hayward flow switch is working as expected. Also, I was able to get the old flow switch out of the T pipe. I ended up using a flathead screwdriver with a mallet to slowly unscrew it out of the pipe. Thanks to everyone for your help.

Reactions: JamesW
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.