J&J Electronics LPL-P2-RGBW-120 - color LED with PureWhite

GDN

Bronze Supporter
Oct 17, 2016
Dallas, TX
J&J has a new LED ColorSplash bulb, they've upgraded it to add Purewhite. Anyone have any experience with the bulb yet?

I replaced my Pentair Spa old school white bulb with the LED color change about 3 years ago. I was happy for the most part, but it wasn't as bright as the old incandescent bulb.

I wanted the similar bulb for the pool, but I only have a single bulb and was worried I'd really lose a lot of brightness by moving to the LED color change from incandescent. Fast forward to last November and my pool bulb burned out. I went ahead and ordered the J&J LED colorsplash pool bulb from a pool supply company online, but they never shipped it. When following up last week I was surprised to find a brand new LED colorsplash bulb that has been enhanced by adding some PureWhite LED's. They claim this makes it brighter and whiter which I wanted for the pool, but also the option for colors.

Anyone have experience with the new bulb with the "Pure white" added? I hope to have the water warm enough this coming week that maybe I'll heat it a little more and be brave enough to get in an replace the bulb.

Last edited:
The water hit 74 this weekend and was warm enough my partner got in the to change the bulb - I'm not going in for a long time.

I'm pleased, it will suffice. Attached is a pic of the bulb on white and one on blue. The white and the coverage do not match the old incandescent bulb, but I'll take it for having the ability to have some fun color in the pool. You can see the crescent shape light/shadow line from the bulb.

I can't compare this new "Pure White" to the prior model, but I'm just trusting there are some improvements. You can still see a bit of the different colored LED's all making up the white, but overall it is nice.

We love the pool, but I would love the opportunity to design and build again after 5 years. In this shape pool I would still have two lights, not just the one.
IMG_7261.jpegIMG_7260.jpeg

Sorry about not getting back to this thread, I didn't realize there had been posts. Here are 4 pics - two with the old incandescent bulb from a couple of years ago. it was definitely a white light and lit it up. There are two more pics with the new J&J LED with Pure white. I tried to take two more pictures that show it's color and intensity and it is hard to do. These pictures don't make it look a whole lot different than the original, but I will say for sure, it is Bluer and not as bright as the picture depicts, but it is plenty bright for our smaller pool.

As far as the controller, we have a Pentair ET8 and control the lights with that so we don't need the add on controller.

Old light:
IMG_0718.jpegIMG_7161.jpeg

New Light:

IMG_7541.jpegIMG_7537.jpeg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.