J&J Colorsplash LEDs / Pool tone (nicheless)- real world experience / longevity?

Hagfish16

Apr 20, 2024
Dallas, TX
Hi all- first time posting here. Did a lot of reading though on people replacing nicheless savi melody lights w/ various models including J&J and pooltones to a lesser degree. They're around the same price, and I think I can do the job myself. I was quoted 2k by a referred pool guy to replace w/ 3 newer jandy's.. I can get my own replacements for 260-300ish per light, so more than a thousand in savings to DIY it.. I'm leaning towards J&J at this point, even though I'm a little leery about ordering from pool supply unlimited (seems some have fine experiences, others nightmares... )

Anyways, was wondering if anyone that's taken the plunge on J&J may chime in and recommend/warn, etc. Have they lasted several years for you? Lights stay in sync, etc? Thanks for any input!

Welcome to TFP.

Guess the folks with J&J lights are too busy swimming.

Since you have done some researching, and I have not yet. My understanding this will plug into existing Jandy transformer question is is the existing aqualink setup capable of controlling the lights. After 10 years my last Jandy finally gave up.